Diablo Immortal Revealed At BlizzCon 2018 (VIDEO)
Today brought with it tons of exciting new video game reveals courtesy of BlizzCon 2018, with the titular publisher Blizzard exciting fans throughout many of its series with Overwatch animated shorts, Heroes of the Storm character reveals, and more. Of course, it isn’t a true BlizzCon without some Diablo news, which Blizzard saved for last with the reveal of Diablo Immortal, a brand new chapter in the Diablo saga that takes place between Diablo II and Diablo III. Check out the cinematic trailer for Diablo Immortal below:
Announced as a brand new mobile game, Diablo Immortal features classic Diablo gameplay at the tips of your fingers. The game is perfectly designed for a mobile experience, featuring intuitive actions and gestures that will keep players immersed in the action regardless of whether they are playing on Android or iOS. Check out the new gameplay trailer for Diablo Immortal below:
Here’s a feature breakdown of Diablo Immortal courtesy of the official website:
- Story – The Worldstone lies shattered, yet great power remains within its corrupted fragments. Power that Diablo’s minions hope to harness to bring about the return of the Lord of Terror.The Archangel Tyrael is presumed dead, and mankind is left to deal with the aftermath of his actions. Fragments of the corrupted Worldstone taint the land, bringing forth ancient evils who are looking to harvest the stone’s power and use it to control humanity.
- Unique Zones & Dungeons – From the peaceful town of Wortham, to the jungle island of Bilefen and the ancient Library of Zoltun Kulle, each zone in Diablo Immortal has new challenges to master and familiar faces to see.Will you choose to help Valla and her teacher in the Shassar Sea, or delve the tomb of Fahir, an ancient disciple of Akarat? Or storm the Countess’ Forgotten Tower and stop her dark reign once more? The possibilities are many. The choices are yours.
- Massively Multiplayer Action in Your Pocket – Meet other demon-slayers as you wander Sanctuary, and join them to take on deep, treacherous dungeons. Visit vast social hubs like Westmarch and conduct business with local merchants before setting off on your next adventure.Drop in or out of groups easily and engage in dynamic events all over the world, teaming up with other heroes as you take down Skarn’s minions—and reap powerful rewards.
- Westmarch – Explore the sprawling streets of Westmarch in a time before Malthael’s corruption. The city is always bustling with activity as visitors from all over the world come to marvel at its sights, enjoy its landmarks, and more.Westmarch is where you can meet all your adventuring needs. You’ll have access to your stash and vendors, but more importantly it’s the place to meet fellow travelers, relax and take a breather.
- Designed for Mobile – Diablo Immortal is being designed from the ground-up to give you an authentic Diablo experience on touch-screen devices. Intuitive actions, gestures and touch controls put you in full command of your hero. Slay endless hordes of demons as effortlessly as you would with a controller or keyboard and mouse.
- Zero in on Your Enemies – Directional controls make it easy to move around in the world; demolishing the denizens of hell is as easy as holding down your thumb on a skill from your hotbar to aim it, then releasing it to unleash hell. Quickly access potions for a gradual health refresh, and equip recently looted items with a single tap on your screen.
Diablo Immortal will be available at some point in the future for Android and iOS devices. Those looking to pre-register for the game can do so right here.
So, thoughts on the newly announced Diablo game? Upset that it’s only for mobile devices? Let us know in the comments section below, and as always, stay tuned to Don’t Feed the Gamers for all the latest gaming and entertainment news! Don’t forget to follow DFTG on Twitter for our 24/7 news feed!
Ryan "Cinna" Carrier1734 Posts
Ryan is an editor and writer for Don't Feed the Gamers. When he isn't reading and writing, Ryan is likely considering yet another playthrough of Final Fantasy IX. He's also the DFTG cinnamon bun.