Free PlayStation Plus Essential Games For November 2022 Revealed
Though Microsoft brings unparalleled value to the table with Xbox Game Pass, Sony has decidedly met players halfway with its three-tiered PlayStation Plus membership. As competition dwindles with the closure of Google Stadia, PS Plus nonetheless shows promise with instant game libraries, streaming capabilities, and limited-time game demos. Of course, the PlayStation Plus Essential tier is there for more modest gamers, offering three free games at the advent of every month.
As per the PS Blog, November is set to bring a new batch of free PlayStation Plus games to Essential members, with the headliner being Nioh 2, a demon-summoning hack-and-slasher from the team behind Ninja Gaiden. Of course, the latter two aren’t exactly lacking either, presenting the entire 7-year LEGO Harry Potter Collection in one package as well as a physics-based space simulator called Heavenly Bodies. A rundown of November’s free PlayStation Plus games can be viewed below.
- Nioh 2 / Nioh 2 Remastered (PS4, PS5)
- Master the lethal arts of the samurai as a mysterious half-human, half-supernatural Yokai warrior, in this challenging single player action RPG sequel. Take down a host of deadly new Yokai, seasoned samurai warriors and gargantuan boss monsters in Team Ninja’s stylized vision of Japan’s early Sengoku period. Unsheathe your deadly weapons and cut down all enemies in your path using a revamped combat system and the ability to transform into a full Yokai to unleash devastating paranormal powers.
- LEGO Harry Potter Collection (PS4)
- The Lego Harry Potter Collection brings together Lego Harry Potter: Years 1-4 and Lego Harry Potter: Years 5-7 remastered! This compilation unites the creative prowess of Lego and the expansive world of Harry Potter, with an exciting journey full of spell-casting, potion-making, puzzle-solving, lessons, dueling and much more. Enjoy two player fun either local or online.
- Heavenly Bodies (PS4, PS5)
- Discover the ever-changing nuances of weightless motion in this challenging physics game, featuring a collection of stellar scenarios inspired by the feats of space explorers and researchers throughout history. Wrangle control of your cosmonaut’s arms with the left and right thumbsticks to push, pull, and clamber through fully physically simulated scenarios aboard a scientific research station, alone or with a friend via local co-op.
Right now, those looking to grab these limited-time freebies will be able to do so starting November 1st. No precise exit date was listed, but it’s probably best to redeem before the end of November. Until next month’s offer goes live, October still has several games available for PlayStation Plus Essential members, including nostalgic arcade racer Hot Wheels Unleashed, brutal DC Comics fighter Injustice 2, and fast-paced FPS Superhot, with each officially departing on October 31st.
What do you think? Are you excited about the free PS Plus Essential coming in November, or were you hoping for another game to be added as a freebie instead? Let us know in the comments below and be sure to follow Don’t Feed the Gamers on Twitter and Facebook to be informed of the latest gaming and entertainment news 24 hours a day!
If you enjoy this writer’s work, please consider supporting them by tossing a Ko-fi their way! Every little bit helps and aims to keep DFTG independent and free of bias. Thank you so much for your support! Eric Hall @ Ko-fi
Eric Hall2712 Posts
Phone-browsing Wikipedia in one hand and clutching his trusty controller in the other, the legendary Eric Hall spreads his wealth of knowledge as a writer for Don't Feed the Gamers. Be sure to catch his biweekly "Throwback Thursday" segment for a nostalgic look at trivia from the past.