Next Destiny 2 Update Will Address Exotic Raid Quest Bug and More
Destiny 2 launched less than a month ago, and so far the game has been relatively free from major issues. This doesn’t mean the Bungie-developed title is perfect, the game having had a list of minor bugs come forward recently. To help smooth out a few of these technical glitches, the next Destiny 2 update is on the way. One of the more anticipated tweaks aims to fix a recent Leviathan raid quest bug.
For those who frequent Destiny 2‘s Leviathan raid, the Emperor’s Seal exotic quest has been providing a noticeable problem. Encounters are not dropping the correct number of seals, awarding only one seal a piece. This makes completion of the 100-seal quest a frustratingly long endeavor, especially when considering the raid’s looming weekly reset. Rather than tackle the raid quest bug directly, Bungie’s solution will be to lower the high quest requirement to just 10 seals.
Another notable bug the Destiny 2 update will fix is an issue that most players would not have caught. Players who have collected a Raid or Trials of the Nine clan engram from Hawthorne may have noticed that they are dropped at 10 power. What seemed like average loot was supposed to be more, as those rewards were intended to scale up with players’ power levels, an issue Bungie plans to remedy in the next week.
The upcoming Destiny 2 maintenance launches on October 3rd at 8am PT and will run until 12pm PT. These things tend to go into overtime, so players should be prepared just in case the update goes on for longer. The full list of fixes can be read below.
- Fixed an issue in which players could lose access to the Veteran’s Transmat Effect by deleting characters
- Fixed an issue in which clan engrams would grant Trials of the Nine and raid rewards at only 10 Power
- Fixed an issue in which progress for the Exotic Quest Step “His Highness’s Seal” was not incrementing properly
– Quest progress will still increment by 1, but the Quest Step now only requires 10 Seals to be collected
- Fixed an issue in which raid milestones would not show for some players after the weekly reset (This didn’t affect any raid rewards)
- Fixed issues in which players could enter a state where they are continuously killed or unable to resurrect if encounter complete and failure events occurred simultaneously
What do you think? Does this seem like a worthwhile update, or should other issues have taken the spotlight? Is it possible to earn 100 seals with that raid quest bug? Let us know in the comments below and be sure to follow Don’t Feed the Gamers on Twitter for the latest gaming and entertainment news 24 hours a day!
Eric Hall2214 Posts
Phone-browsing Wikipedia in one hand and clutching his trusty controller in the other, the legendary Eric Hall spreads his wealth of knowledge as a writer for Don't Feed the Gamers. Be sure to catch his "Throwback Thursday" segment for a nostalgic look at trivia from the past.