Destiny 2 Patch Goes Live – Detailed Notes On What’s New
The wait for the maintenance period has finally come to end, and with that comes Destiny 2: 1.0.3 update. Players were forced to wait for servers to come back online after they were offline longer than expected, they are greeted with a new Destiny 2 patch that brings more features to the table.
This afternoon, Bungie released notes on their latest release that they dubbed “The one about Faction Rallies”. Fans of the first title will remember the ability to pledge their allegiance to three specific factions: Dead Orbit, Future War Cult, and New Monarchy. This feature is now live on Destiny 2, which allows guardians to earn reputation tokens in order to obtain a reward package. Of course, helping your faction achieve the most rank ups will allow your faction to win events. The faction will also give a player a buff for the full duration and get the chance to win sweet, exclusive loot.
Other important notes about the Destiny 2: 1.0.3 update are the various fixes brought to the game. Fans can expect fixes along the lines of a bit of tweaking, including the UI, activities, clans, Eververse, the Crucible, and other general fixes. Bungie also provided some updates for the companion app for mobile devices on Android, iOS, and Windows.
See the Destiny 2: 1.0.3 patch notes from Bungie:
- Pledge to a faction Vendor
- Pledging places a buff on the player character for the duration of the event associating the character with the faction
- Earn faction Reputation tokens
- By Destroying Enemy resources in Lost Sectors, completing public events, completing strikes, completing Crucible matches, and the Leviathan raid
- Turn tokens in for reward packages
- Earn faction themed rewards from your faction
- Help your faction win
- The faction with the most rank ups across the game will sell a new weapon at a discount for faction members
- Fixed an issue in which Hunters with a specific amount of health would see their health bar on the HUD at all times
- Fixed issue in the raid that granted resurrection tokens unintentionally to players joining encounters in progress
- Fixed an issue in which killing the first Minotaur too quickly in the Unbreakable Adventure would result in progression being blocked
- Fixed an issue where clan XP was not being granted for completing public events
- Fixed an issue preventing some players from receiving weekly clan engrams
- Players who leave a clan will still not be eligible for clan rewards that week
- Fixed an issue in which Bright engrams would show ‘Requires Level 20’ if a player hadn’t accepted all Leveling Rewards from Tess after reaching level 20
- Fixed an issue in which the action button on weapon ornaments displayed Discard instead of Unlock
Call to Arms
- Reduced the amount needed to complete the milestone to align it with other weekly milestonesMidtown
- Adjusted Clash & Supremacy power ammo locations
- Added invisible physics volumes to keep players from leaving the intended playable spaceEternity
- Added a soft-kill volume to keep players from hiding on the edge of the map
- Dead players’ Ghosts will no longer appear in the “Fork” location
- Fixed an issue in which players in the Tower could sometimes fail to load gear
- Fixed a crash when signing out of Destiny 2
- Fixed an issue in which the gear search button was covering item actions
- Fixed an issue in which Ghosts were not showing in character gear
- Added a filter and member count in the clan rosteriOS
- Fixed an issue in the way gear power was sorted when including items that don’t have powerWeb
- When you close an explore item in trending, the page no longer refreshes
- Paging update in search
To stay in the loop with other news like this, be sure to follow us on the official DFTG Twitter for gaming and entertainment news live 24/7!
Matt Ruppert710 Posts
Navy Veteran with a penchant for the FPS genre, Chewy has all aspects of the gaming community covered. Don't expect to see him on a console any time soon, however - though he has experience in all platforms, the PC Master Race has a firm hold on him.