Latest Overwatch Update Nerfs Reaper, Sigma And More
It’s been a while since we have discussed the latest in Overwatch, but you can bet the developers over at Blizzard haven’t stopped monitoring the balance between heroes and deciding when it’s time to make some changes. In the latest retail patch that released just yesterday (January 28th, 2020), we see some changes have been made to Hanzo, McCree, Reaper, Orisa, Sigma, and Baptiste.
Some of the changes, like with McCree, can be seen as an improvement, as the character’s ultimate now no longer locks view. On the flip side, there are very much some nerfs players will find when jumping into a game today. On a personal note, the writer of this article is a big fan of Reaper and is sad to report that His Edginess received a nerf in this update.
In particular, the healing amount in Reaper’s The Reaping (Passive) has been reduced from 40% to 30% damage dealt. This means players will have to do a whole lot more damage to bring that health back up, which can certainly be tricky in a fight. Among some of the other heroes that received a nerf include: Hanzo, Orisa, Sigma, and Baptiste.
Check out all of the details on the latest retail patch below, via Blizzard forums:
Overwatch Hero Updates
- Storm Arrows
- Damage reduced from 70 to 60
- Firing Deadeye no longer locks the player’s aim
- The Reaping (Passive)
- Healing amount reduced from 40% to 30% of damage dealt
- Fusion Driver (Primary Fire)
- Damage reduced from 11 to 10
- Cooldown increased from 8 to 10 seconds
- Snare duration reduced from 1 to 0.65 seconds
- Gravitic Flux
- Can now be interrupted before targets begin falling
- Impact slow duration reduced from 0.9 to 0.6 seconds
- Explosion damage reduced from 60 to 40
- Biotic Launcher (Primary Fire)
- Recovery time increased from 0.35 to 0.45 seconds
- Biotic Launcher (Secondary Fire)
- Heal explosion reduced from 60 to 50
What are your thoughts on the latest Overwatch Patch? What else would you like to see buffed or nerfed?Sound off with your thoughts in the comment section below, and don’t forget to check out DFTG on Twitter for gaming and entertainment news live 24/7!
If you enjoyed this article, be sure to check out more from Don’t Feed the Gamers:
Matt Ruppert715 Posts
Navy Veteran with a penchant for the FPS genre, Chewy has all aspects of the gaming community covered. Don't expect to see him on a console any time soon, however - though he has experience in all platforms, the PC Master Race has a firm hold on him.