Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Update Brings Playlist Updates & More
The time has come in the week for the moment we have all been waiting for, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare update! No…you weren’t at the edge of your seat waiting for it? Well then, I grossly misjudged that. Either way, Infinity Ward has released the details on the latest update to their first-person shooter. This update includes some playlist updates, as well as some general fixes to help brings some necessary balances and weed out any lingering bugs.
Before you lock and load and go off to “pwn some noobs”, you might be asking yourself: “what particular changes were made?” In regards to playlist updates, Shipment 24/7 is back and Winter Docks has been removed! Deathmatch Domination and Gunfight Custom have also been added as available game modes. For general fixes, a few weapons like the MP5 and M4 received some balancing tweaks and some exploits have been fixed – such as one for an ATV on Ground War.
Check out the details on today’s Call of Duty: Modern Warfare update, via Infinity Ward:
January 28 Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Patch Notes
- Added Deathmatch Domination!
- Added Gunfight Custom!
- Shipment 24/7 is back! (Replaces Shoot the Ship)
- Removed Winter Docks
- Moved Capture the Flag into the Quick Play Filter
- MP5: Reduced headshot multiplier, Small reduction to 10mm range
- M4: Small damage decrease to reduce headshot effectiveness, Small range decrease
- M13: Range increase, Small reduction to horizontal recoil, Small damage increase to boost headshot effectiveness
- Crossbow: Players are able to shoot down an enemy Support Helo with only 3 Thermite Bolts. This has been adjusted; 5 to take down a VTOL and 6 to take down a Support Helo and Chopper Gunner
- Fix for an exploit in Ground War via ATV
- Fix for missing character model on the LA OpTic CDL skin
- Shipment: Spawn tuning to reduce the frequency of instant deaths and spawn traps. Adjustments to spawn positions around the edge of the map for all modes. New spawn logic for Domination.
- When using keyboard and mouse, a controller button prompt will appear to access the Social Menu while matchmaking. On PC with a PS4 controller, the button prompt will appear as an Xbox prompt. This has been fixed.
What do you think of the latest update for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare? Is there anything else in the game that you would like to see adjusted in a future patch? Sound off with your thoughts in the comment section below, and don’t forget to check out DFTG on Twitter for gaming and entertainment news live 24/7!
If you enjoyed this article, be sure to check out more from Don’t Feed the Gamers:
Matt Ruppert703 Posts
Navy Veteran with a penchant for the FPS genre, Chewy has all aspects of the gaming community covered. Don't expect to see him on a console any time soon, however - though he has experience in all platforms, the PC Master Race has a firm hold on him.