Genshin Impact Aloy Gameplay Details Revealed (VIDEO)
Genshin Impact Version 2.1 is releasing in just a few days, bringing with it a slew of new content, playable characters, and the thrilling conclusion of the main Inazuma storyline. Also arriving at the start of Version 2.1 is the game’s first character collaboration, with Sony bringing in Aloy from Horizon Zero Dawn as a max rarity Cryo bow user. Now, a new gameplay clip featuring Aloy has been released showing the Nora Huntress in action.
Sony took to social media to unveil a new gameplay clip of Aloy ahead of her arrival to Genshin Impact. The clip comes in at a brief 14 seconds in length and contains no sound, though it shows the character’s resting animation, attack animation, Elemental Skill, and Elemental Burst in action. Check it out below:
— PlayStation (@PlayStation) August 20, 2021
It should be noted that we’ve already seen the same information shown in the clip thanks to a leak that was released earlier this month, those has since been removed. Still, this is the first time we’ve seen footage of Aloy in an official capacity. As for what the Nora Huntress’s actual abilities are, they can be found below:
Normal Attack: Rapid Fire
- Normal Attack – Perform up to 4 consecutive shots with a bow.
- Charged Attack – Perform a more precise Aimed Shot with increased DMG. While aiming, biting frost will accumulate on the arrowhead. A fully charged frost arrow will deal Cryo DMG.
- Plunging Attack – Fires off a shower of arrows in mid-air before falling and striking the ground, dealing AoE DMG upon impact.
Elemental Skill: Frozen Wilds
Aloy throws a Freeze Bomb in the targeted direction that explodes on impact, dealing Cryo DMG. After it explodes, the Freeze Bomb will split up into many Chillwater Bomblets that explode on contact with opponents or after a short delay, dealing Cryo DMG. When a Freeze Bomb or Chillwater Bomblet hits an opponent, the opponent’s ATK is reduced and Aloy receives 1 Coil stack. Aloy can gain up to 1 Coil stack every 0.1s.
- Each stack increases Aloy’s Normal attack DMG.
- When Aloy has 4 Coil stacks, she gains Rushing Ice, which converts her Normal Attack DMG to Cryo DMG.
- While under the effect of Rushing Ice, Aloy cannot receive new Coil stacks.
- Coil effects will be cleared 30s after Aloy leaves the field.
Elemental Burst: Prophecies of Dawn
Aloy throws a Power Cell filled with Cryo in the targeted direction, then detonates it with an arrow, dealing AoE Cryo DMG.
- Easy Does It – When Aloy is in teh party, party members who get close to small animals who can produce Fowl, Raw Meat, or Chilled Meat will not easily startle them.
- Combat Override – When Aloy receives the coil effect of Frozen Wilds, her ATK is increased by 16%, while other party members’ ATK is increased by 8%. This effect lasts 10s.
- Strong Strike – When Aloy is in the Rushing Ice state conferred by Frozen Wilds, her Cryo DMG Bonus increases by 15% every 1s. A maximum Cryo DMG Bonus increase of 35% can be gained in this way.
Phase I of the Genshin Impact Horizon Zero Dawn collaboration kicks off on PlayStation consoles after the Version 2.1 Update, while Phase II brings the character to the rest of the platforms after the Version 2.2 Update and runs until the Version 2.3 update maintenance taking place on November 24, 2021 at 5:59 UTC+8.
Genshin Impact Version 2.1 releases on September 1st, 2021.
Thoughts on the Aloy gameplay clip? Let us know in the comments section below, and as always, stay tuned to Don’t Feed the Gamers for all the latest gaming and entertainment news! Don’t forget to follow DFTG on Twitter for our 24/7 news feed!
If you enjoy this writer’s work, please consider supporting them by tossing a KoFi their way! Every little bit helps and aims to keep DFTG independent and free of bias. Thank you so much for your support! Ryan ‘Cinna’ Carrier @ KoFi
Ryan "Cinna" Carrier2956 Posts
Ryan is the Lead Editor for Don't Feed the Gamers. When he isn't writing, Ryan is likely considering yet another playthrough of Final Fantasy IX. He's also the DFTG cinnamon bun.