New Street Fighter V Patch Improves Character Balance And Training Mechanics
Capcom is looking ahead in 2018 with improving their titles and the release of Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition. With this release, they are making overall improvements to their hit fighting game to help bring balance between the different competitors. In addition to individual character changes, the developer also paid attention to training mode and the addition of a new rank for players to achieve.
The team behind the game wanted to provide some insight on the patch and what to expect when it is rolled out:
The Street Fighter V servers will be going down for maintenance in the early morning (Pacific Time) of January 16*. The SFV: Arcade Edition patch and server maintenance will then be completed in the afternoon on the same day. After we have released the update, SFV: Arcade Edition disc owners must connect to the internet to receive the latest update, which includes Extra Battle Mode, Team Battle Mode and new balance changes. They’ll also be able to redeem the code that comes with the disc to unlock Character Pass 1 and 2 content.
Current owners of Street Fighter V will also need to download the patch in order to update to SFV: Arcade Edition. Once the download is complete, all the aforementioned modes and changes will be present when booting up the game.
Below are the Street Fighter V patch notes from via Capcom:
Training Mode Options
- In the Attack Data display, you can now view each action’s frame data.
- You can now turn on Frame Advantage in Color to determine when each action has advantage.
- If the character is in blue, they have advantage. If they’re in red, they have disadvantage.
Fighter ID and Home Change
- As of January 16, you will be able to change your Fighter ID (FID) and Home (flag) using either 200K Fight Money or MSRP $9.99 in the store.
- One purchase of the “Fighter ID & Home Change” ticket will allow you one access opportunity where you can change your FID and Home once.
- Even if you change only the FID or only the Home during this access, it will still consume the ticket and count as an instance. So if you want to change both, please change them at this time.
- All items purchased from the in-game shop and/or the PlayStation Store and/or the Steam Store as well as play data will not be affected when changing your FID and/or Home.
- Updated FID and Home flag will not be reflected in some portion of the game such as previous play history (e.g. Battle Log, Replay Data, etc.)
- Please be aware that selecting a Home has no bearing on matchmaking.
Grand Master Rank
- The Grand Master Rank is now available for players who have League Points of over 35,000.
- Increased active frames for Regular Throws from 2F to 3F
- Increased combo scaling for combos that include a V-Trigger activation
- Increased recovery for Command Throws
- Made revisions to the hurtboxes for jumping attacks, and to the normal moves that are primarily used as anti-airs
- Changed properties of moves that change the position of the character, which may affect certain combos
The Street Fighter V update also include tons of character changes to help properly balance out the game, which can be found in the official patch notes.
What do you think about the latest patch for Street Fighter V? What would you like to see corrected or added to the fighting game? Sound off with your thoughts in the comment section below, and don’t forget to check out DFTG on Twitter for gaming and entertainment news live 24/7!
If you enjoyed this article, be sure to check out more from Don’t Feed the Gamers:
Matt Ruppert607 Posts
Navy Veteran with a penchant for the FPS genre, Chewy has all aspects of the gaming community covered. Don't expect to see him on a console any time soon, however - though he has experience in all platforms, the PC Master Race has a firm hold on him.