Latest Overwatch PTR Patch Brings Changes To D.Va, Moira, Reaper, & More
Now that Brigitte is live and available for all players to enjoy, the team at Blizzard has set their focus on the next necessary changes to be tested out. A new Overwatch PTR patch is live, bringing alterations to a handful of different heroes. The five characters seeing changes include D.Va, Mei, Moira, Reaper, and Zenyatta. However, the team also continues with their journey in fixing bugs that were found with seven other characters that players have been reporting to the team.
In addition to the hero changes in the latest Overwatch PTR patch, Blizzard is extending the first payload checkpoint on Blizzard World back 10 meters. This will give the players on defense more of a chance to be able to defend the first point. Other items on the list include general game improvements and user interface changes. This includes a new change that will allow players to choose their desired hero by double clicking their portrait.
Check out all the details on the latest Overwatch PTR patch from the release notes below via Bizzard:
- Moved the first payload checkpoint (Pylon Terrace) back 10 meters
Developer Comments: We moved the checkpoint back for two reasons. The original location swung the map’s balance too far in one direction (favoring the defenders). Also, once the payload reached the checkpoint, defenders returning from spawn could get pinned in this area, usually resulting in their death.
- Players can choose to “Avoid as Teammate” with a dropdown menu in the Career Profile
Developer Comments: The addition of the “Avoid as Teammate” option gives players the ability to craft their online gameplay experience. Up to two players can be selected with this feature. If you use the “Avoid as Teammate” option on a player, the matchmaker will no longer place you on a team with the avoided player for one week. To learn more about this feature, click here.
- The “Poor Teamwork” dropdown menu option has been removed
- The “Griefing” dropdown menu option has been renamed “Gameplay Sabotage”
Developer Comments: Due to player confusion about the most appropriate category to report players for poor or toxic gameplay, we are removing the Poor Teamwork option from the reporting system. Players should instead use the Gameplay Sabotage option when players actively harass or disrupt their own team with game mechanics or their actions. Players should not be reported simply for performing poorly, since everyone occasionally has a bad game.
- Sombra’s “Enemies Hacked” end-of-round card now also displays her offensive assists
- Brigitte’s Golden Weapon variant will now also give her a golden shield
- Changed Mercy’s Valkyrie voice line
- Simplified Hero Select tips for roles
- Explosive damage reduced from 6 to 4
Developer Comments: D.Va’s burst potential is a bit too high, and her Micro Missiles are a major part of that. Currently each missile deals 3 impact damage and 6 explosive damage. We’re reducing explosive damage from 6 to 4 but leaving the impact damage the same, the net result being 22% damage reduction.
- Now pierces through enemies
Developer Comments: This change helps Mei combat multiple targets that are clumped up and also makes it easier to keep her freezing a specific target if another enemy gets in the way. In addition, this change helps her ultimate more consistently be able to freeze more targets, especially if they are near each other. Note: While her shots now pierce enemies, they still do not pierce barriers such as Reinhardt’s shield.
- Reloads Hellfire Shotguns after use
- Move speed bonus increased from 25% to 50%
- You can now cancel the ability by pressing the Shift or Primary Fire hotkey
Developer Comments: These changes help Reaper use Wraith Form more consistently as an escape, but they also open up new options, such as chasing down key targets.
- Transparency increased the closer you are to a target
- Now becomes more transparent the closer its visual effects are to a player’s camera
- Transparency increased the closer you are to a target
Developer Comments: Due to issues with visibility, we have made most of Moira’s visual effects fade away the closer they are to the camera. We have also made modifications to Coalescence to greatly increase the ability for foes and allies alike to see through it when facing it.
Orb of Destruction
- Secondary fire rate of fire reduced by 15%
Developer Comments: Zenyatta is meant to be able to deal a lot of damage, especially for a support, but his alternate fire burst damage was a bit too high. This change keeps the overall damage the same but lowers the DPS slightly and makes it harder to hit multiple shots at very long ranges.
USER INTERFACE UPDATES
- Heroes can now be selected by double-clicking the hero icon during Hero Select
- Added leaderboard information to the competitive information screen. This can be accessed by right-clicking the menu on the competitive card
GAME BROWSER AND CUSTOM GAMES UPDATES
- Lockout Elimination cards in the Arcade are now just referred to as Elimination
- Fixed a bug that prevented Bastion from firing projectiles immediately after going into Tank configuration
- Fixed a bug that prevented Bastion from being knocked back while transforming during Configuration: Tank
- Fixed a bug that prevented Brigitte’s impact effects from playing when hitting the environment
- Fixed a bug that caused Brigitte’s aim to be slightly offset after using Shield Bash
- Fixed a bug that caused a player’s camera to jitter when spectating Doomfist during his Meteor Strike
- Fixed a bug that prevented Doomfist’s Meteor Strike from landing where it was telegraphed when standing close to a ledge
- Fixed a bug that allowed Doomfist’s Meteor Strike to access unintended locations
- Fixed a bug that caused Doomfist’s Meteor Strike to penetrate angled surfaces as he descended
- Fixed a bug that prevented Doomfist’s Rocket Punch from impacting enemies or
- Fixed a bug that prevented Junkrat from being knocked back while piloting his RIP-Tire
- Fixed a bug that allowed Orisa’s Halt! to sometimes affect enemy targets behind walls
- Fixed a bug that caused McCree’s Peacekeeper to grow substantially during the hero select screen when certain skins were equipped
- Fixed a bug that allowed Moira’s Biotic Orb to pass through Mei’s Ice Wall
- Fixed a bug that caused Tracer’s Recall to activate differently based on the player’s latency
What do you think of all the changes in the latest Overwatch PTR patch? What else would like to see added or corrected in the game? Sound off with your thoughts in the comment section below, and don’t forget to check out DFTG on Twitter for gaming and entertainment news live 24/7!
If you enjoyed this article, be sure to check out more from Don’t Feed the Gamers:
Matt Ruppert697 Posts
Navy Veteran with a penchant for the FPS genre, Chewy has all aspects of the gaming community covered. Don't expect to see him on a console any time soon, however - though he has experience in all platforms, the PC Master Race has a firm hold on him.