Fortnite Battle Royale’s 50 v 50 Mode Returning Soon For A Limited Time
Last December, Epic Games brought a massive 50 v 50 Mode to Fortnite Battle Royale. The different format was something quite unique for the title however it wasn’t necessarily good, with the mode feeling more or less half finished, sloppy, and chaotic. The team at Epic Games hopes to improve on the previous release of the limited time event bringing it back with a few adjustments.
According to the in-game “New Updates” page which greets players booting up the title, the mode will return better than ever. The description reads, “Back and better than ever! Two teams of 50 battle it out with two buses, increased loot spawns, and massive forts.”
Recent patch notes recently arrived detailing the rest of the changes coming to the upcoming re-release of the game’s limited time 50 v 50 mode including:
- Two teams of 50 fight to the finish!
- Due to this being a “large squad” mode, Profile Stats will not be tracked. Daily & Weekly challenges will still work, with the exception of the Squad-based challenges (‘Place Top 6 in Squads’, etc.).
- Storm & Map
- Each team has a bus, approaching the island from opposite directions. On the map, the friendly bus has a blue outline, enemy has red.
- Final storm circle visible on minimap at start.
- Players have 10 minutes to loot the map as the storm closes in on the circle, then 5 minutes to fight, and another 5 minutes as the storm shrinks to the end.
- Supply drops come in batches of 3-6, fall every two minutes, and only land in the final storm circle.
- Added dotted line to map, which indicates the “battle lines” between the two teams. Crossing the line will make running into enemies more likely.
- Farming resources increased 75% over default.
- Increased floor loot spawn likelihood by 15%.
- Floor Loot spawns double ammo.
- Ammo boxes spawn triple ammo.
- Chests spawn double ammo & consumables.
- Supply drops spawn double ammo, and an extra consumable, resource drop and trap.
- Bug Fixes + Mode Improvements
- Fixed a bug that created uneven teams where one side could have more than 50 players.
- Downed players lose health more quickly than normal (10 health per tick).
Are there any other special limited time events you’d like to see come to the game, like a Fortnite variation of Gun Game perhaps? Will the fixes coming to 50 v 50? Let us know your thoughts on the return of Fortnite’s 50 v 50 mode and more in the comments section below. As always, don’t forget to follow Don’t Feed the Gamers on Twitter for 24/7 coverage of all things gaming and entertainment.
Chris Calles1049 Posts
Known as "Stash" or Yippee Calles. He's a student of everything, avid adrenaline junkie, and creator of random things. When he's not delving into a game, book, or movie - He's out teaching himself new things or taking part in some pretty epic adventures. You can find him on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Tumblr.