Fortnite V3.5 Update Is Live Bringing A New Game Mode, Heroes, Weapons, & More (VIDEO)
Yesterday we provided all of the details we knew about today’s release content release, and now we have the full patch notes for the Fortnite v3.5 update. The biggest feature of the latest release is the revamped 50 vs 50 mode, bringing two buses carrying each to duke it out in order to claim victory. While technically the mode was previously part of the game, the newer version is more mature and set to deliver on the experience that players are looking forward to. Take a look at the trailer for the 50 vs 50 LTM for all the chaos that awaits:
As we previously stated in our preview of the Fortnite v3.5 content update, 50 vs 50 is not the only feature being released. The new LMG will joining players available weaponry, allowing players to deliver pain at a high capacity and faster rate – but with a slower reload time. Other items that will are being released that we were did not report on include: new Encore skins, and a new energy machine gun – both for the Save the World mode. Epic Games also released a handful of bug fixes that needed to be cleaned up.
Check out all the details on the Fortnite v3.5 update below via Epic Games:
50v50 V2 (Battle Royale)
Two teams will clash in the updated 50v50 Limited Time Mode. The battle begins on Thursday, April 19. Be the first to the frontline!
Light Machine Gun (Battle Royale)
Lock and load! This weapon’s fast rate of fire and 100 round magazine keeps squads pinned down from a distance.
Into the Storm: Encore (Save the World)
Venture into the storm with Lars, great treasures and dangers await. Overcome these challenges and unlock your choice of one of the new Cyberpunk Heroes.
Neon Weapons – Mercury LMG (Save the World)
This energy machinegun has a massive magazine containing enough firepower to annihilate an entire wave of Husks! Find it in the Event Store.
- From Thursday, April 19 until Sunday, April 22 players will receive the following:
- 2x experience when playing Battle Royale.
- An Into the Storm Llama each day in Save the World.
- Remember to log in to claim your Llama on each of these days to collect all four.
- Resiliency improvements to help prevent extended downtime.
- Fix for a high-frequency crash on Xbox One
- Peeking is being reverted back to how it functioned prior to v3.5.
- This should solve the issue causing players to accidentally shoot their own structures while trying to peek.
Limited Time Mode: 50V50 v2
- Two teams of 50 fight to the finish!
- Due to this being a “large squad” mode, Profile Stats will not be tracked. Daily & Weekly challenges will still work, with the exception of the Squad-based challenges (‘Place Top 6 in Squads’, etc.).
- Storm & Map
- Each team has a bus, approaching the island from opposite directions. On the map, the friendly bus has a blue outline, enemy has red.
- Final storm circle visible on minimap at start.
- Players have 10 minutes to loot the map as the storm closes in on the circle, then 5 minutes to fight, and another 5 minutes as the storm shrinks to the end.
- Supply drops come in batches of 3-6, fall every two minutes, and only land in the final storm circle.
- Added dotted line to map, which indicates the “battle lines” between the two teams. Crossing the line will make running into enemies more likely.
- Farming resources increased 75% over default.
- Increased floor loot spawn likelihood by 15%.
- Floor Loot spawns double ammo.
- Ammo boxes spawn triple ammo.
- Chests spawn double ammo & consumables.
- Supply drops spawn double ammo, and an extra consumable, resource drop and trap.
What do you think of all the new content coming in the Fortnite v3.5 update? Which part of the new release are you most excited for? Sound off with your thoughts in the comment section below, and don’t forget to check out DFTG on Twitter for gaming and entertainment news live 24/7!
If you enjoyed this article, be sure to check out more from Don’t Feed the Gamers:
Matt Ruppert704 Posts
Navy Veteran with a penchant for the FPS genre, Chewy has all aspects of the gaming community covered. Don't expect to see him on a console any time soon, however - though he has experience in all platforms, the PC Master Race has a firm hold on him.