World of Warcraft Classic’s Prepares For The Burning Crusade (VIDEO)
You are not prepared….again! The dark portal is reopening this year in World of Warcraft Classic and those who are playing this nostalgic version of the game will get to experience the Burning Crusades expansion all over again! It’s been over 14 years since the last time we opened the dark portal to see what the Outlands have to offer, and as announced during day one of Blizzconline – we will be heading back:
For this writer, Burning Crusades is one of my two favorite expansions to hit the World of Warcraft – the other being Wrath of the Lich King. In this expansion, we begin to see new races entering the Alliance and Horde factions. Dranei will become a playable race for the Alliance, and Blood Elf for the Horde. Level caps will be expanded to 70 and there are plenty of new lands, dungeons, and raids to plunder. Heroes will get their first taste of flying mounts, and take on the betrayer – Illidan Stormrage.
The team over at Blizzard provided some details on what players can expect from the first expansion to hit World of Warcraft Classic:
- New Lands to Explore: Step through the Dark Portal and into Outland.
- Two New Playable Races: Fight for the Horde as the blood elves, seeking a new source of arcane power or join the Alliance as the draenei, exiles from Outland in search of a new home.
- Arenas: Assemble allies and prove your PvP prowess in 2v2, 3v3, or 5v5 combat in Arenas such as the Ring of Trials and the Circle of Blood.
- Flying Mounts: Take flight in the chaotic skies of Netherstorm and soar over fel-touched Shadowmoon Valley with the introduction of flying mounts in Outland.
- Master Challenging Raids and Dungeons: Conquer 5-player dungeons and Heroic dungeons set in the crystalline fortress of Tempest Keep, or raid the haunted halls of 10-player Karazhan as you gear up over time for a climactic confrontation against Kil’jaeden in 25-player Sunwell Plateau.
- Jewelcrafting: Carve gems of power to socket into players’ gear with the Jewelcrafting profession.
- Aldor and Scryer Factions: Choose between the Aldor or Scryer factions in Shattrath and earn their unique rewards
- Create a paladin on the Horde or a shaman on the Alliance.
- Level to 70 and gain new class abilities and more.
Anyone looking for more details can click the link above for a deep dive into the Burning Crusade classic expansion.
For those who are playing World of Warcraft classic without previously playing some of the older expansions, are you excited to experience Burning Crusades for the first time? For those who are returning, what are you most excited to experience again? Sound off with your thoughts in the comment section below, and don’t forget to check out DFTG on Twitter for gaming and entertainment news live 24/7!
If you enjoyed this article, be sure to check out more from Don’t Feed the Gamers:
Matt Ruppert715 Posts
Navy Veteran with a penchant for the FPS genre, Chewy has all aspects of the gaming community covered. Don't expect to see him on a console any time soon, however - though he has experience in all platforms, the PC Master Race has a firm hold on him.