Valorant Patch 1.06 Nerfs Air Shotgun Spread, Adds Various Bug Fixes
The latest Valorant patch has arrived, bringing with it a few interesting changes to Riot Games’ free-to-play FPS. Listed as update 1.06, the patch takes aim at lowering the viability of the the notorious “air shotgun,” with other patch entries including audio and visual changes to blinding effects and various bug fixes.
Riot Games took to its official Valorant page to detail the patch notes for update 1.06. The age of the air shotgun is seemingly over, with Riot nerfing shotgun spread while in mid-air as that was apparently doing exceedingly well, despite how odd it sounds. At least the amount of style points obtained by landing these types of kills remain the same.
Moving right along, the Valorant update has also made some changes to blinding effects such as Phoenix’s Curveball, with both audio and visual effects being adjusted to better indicate when layers should turn away, and when it’s safe to look again. Rounding out the patch are a few bug fixes. Here are the full patch notes:
Valorant Patch 10.6
- The audio and visuals for blinding effects (Phoenix Curveball and Breach Flashpoint) should better indicate when to turn away, and when it’s safe to look again
- All shotguns updated to be less accurate when fired while in the air
- Spread penalty when in air increased .5 >>> 1.25
- While shotguns are doing well in situations they are supposed to, there’s been overly frustrating moments where people are accurate with these weapons while in the air. We hope to curb some of those encounters while still making them possible if you catch an opponent at a short distance. We’ll also be investigating more potential changes to shotguns now that we’re rested.
QUALITY OF LIFE
- In Collection menu screens, the “Show Owned Only” toggle now persists between screens and client restarts.
- Potential fix for the bug where the player’s HUD sometimes disappears.
- Fixed a bug in deathmatch match history & match details where ties between 3 or more players were not displaying as a tie, instead showing the lowest rank as if they were not tied (so a 3 way tie for 2nd would show 4TH PLACE instead of 2ND PLACE (TIED)).
- Fixed a bug that allowed progress towards competitive matchmaking for new players by forfeiting unrated games.
- Forfeited games will not count towards the Competitive requirement for the team who forfeited.
- Fixed a bug where ‘<Missing String Table>’ would appear in the chat log.
- Fixed a bug where strange player names could appear in chat when managing party invites
- Fixed a bug where some players were missing rewards after reaching the end of Agent Contracts or the Act Battlepass. Playing a game should grant the missing rewards, including missing rewards from Act 1.
Valorant is now available on PC.
So, thoughts on the latest patch? Let us know in the comments section below, and as always, stay tuned to Don’t Feed the Gamers for all the latest gaming and entertainment news! Don’t forget to follow DFTG on Twitter for our 24/7 news feed!
If you enjoy this writer’s work, please consider supporting them by tossing a KoFi their way! Every little bit helps and aims to keep DFTG independent and free of bias. Thanks so much for your support! Ryan ‘Cinna’ Carrier @ KoFi
Ryan "Cinna" Carrier3026 Posts
Ryan is the Lead Editor for Don't Feed the Gamers. When he isn't writing, Ryan is likely considering yet another playthrough of Final Fantasy IX. He's also the DFTG cinnamon bun.