PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds Patch Features More Guns, Care Package Changes, and More
Mr. PlayerUnknown himself took to the Steam forums yesterday to reveal a preview for this week’s PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds patch. Developer Bluehole had a lot to say about their hit battle royale game back at E3 2017, including the upcoming implementation of the new weapon called the Groza – a Care Package exclusive weapon that PlayerUnknown confirms is coming to the game this week. The other new weapon being added in is called the P18C, which is a 9mm pistol that features a full auto mode.
Another focus of the upcoming PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds patch is the loot system, which has apparently been suffering from a bug that was either spawning more or less of certain items than intended. Right about now, people’s heads are exploding as they look back on all those times five SCAR-L’s spawned basically on top of each other. After uncovering the reason behind the issue, the developer studio went ahead and made some adjustments to items they thought spawned too much or too little for their given tiers. This includes spawn rate adjustments for the SCAR-L, the UMP, and the UZI. Keep in mind that PUBG is still in early access. Any of the notes seen below are absolutely subject to change, and are not necessarily indicative of the final build of the game. The patch preview can be seen below, split up into Care Package and World Spawn sections:
PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds Patch Preview
Loot Balance – First Pass – Changelog
- New weapon, the Groza, was added. This weapon may only be acquired in Care Packages.
- VSS will no longer be found in Care Packages. It will remain to be spawned in the map.
- At a low probability, you will be able to acquire AR Silencers and SR Silencers in Care Packages.
- At a low probability, you will be able to acquire 4x Scopes in Care Packages.
- New weapon, a 9mm pistol with full auto mode, the P18C, was added.
- Spawn rate of SCAR-L was decreased to better fit the weapon’s tier.
- Spawn rate of UMP was slightly decreased.
- Spawn rate of UZI was slightly increased.
- Level 1 Helmet was being spawned at a much higher rate than the Level 1 Vest, and the spawn rate was adjusted so that both items will be spawned at a similar rate.
Also in the pipeline for the game is the upcoming Zombies mode which should be arriving later this year. The long-anticipated vaulting mechanic is also on its way, though that will be arriving much sooner. Bluehole has announced that PUBG will be coming to the Xbox One later this year with an enhanced version planned next year for the Xbox One X.
So, thoughts on the upcoming patch? What else would you like to see implemented in the future? Let us know in the comments section below and, as always, stay tuned to DFTG for all the latest gaming and entertainment news! Don’t forget to follow Don’t Feed the Gamers on Twitter for our 24/7 news feed!
Ryan "Cinna" Carrier2642 Posts
Ryan is the Lead Editor for Don't Feed the Gamers. When he isn't writing, Ryan is likely considering yet another playthrough of Final Fantasy IX. He's also the DFTG cinnamon bun.