Overwatch Players Are Getting “Play of the Game” Thanks To Robots (VIDEO)
Overwatch has officially added their newest Escort map, allowing for players to take to the stunningly beautiful streets of Venice, Italy. Take a nice gondola ride, escort the payload – you know, the usual. But there is one aspect of the new map that’s allowing players to cheat that Play of the Game algorithm a bit and it’s got nothing to do with playing against the enemy team. Well, unless you consider the robot gondola boatmen the real enemy (fair).
As seen in the video below, these gondoliers didn’t know what hit them but their deaths (?) weren’t in vain because this Sombra main was able to get their 5 seconds of glory. Take a peek yourself to see what we mean:
Obviously, this is a bug and one that will probably be patched up by the end of the week. Still – while you’re waiting to ‘git gud,’ here’s an easy way to claim that sweet, sweet POTG victory. Just know, that we all think you’re a monster and you don’t deserve that spotlight. You too, Ana:
Need a little refresher on what’s new in the latest Overwatch match? You now, outside of the omnic genocide? Here’s a highlight of what you may have missed, with the full notes seen right here (Not my Brigitte!?):
New Escort Map: Rialto
Rialto was home to Talon agent Antonio Bartalotti’s sprawling estate and the backdrop to the infamous “Venice Incident,” a turning point for Overwatch and Talon. The Italian government has taken great steps to preserve Venice, and the results are striking. Tourists visiting this picturesque town can sample the regional cuisine, enjoy a relaxing gondola ride, visit Galleria D’arte Omnica, or simply take in the sights with a stroll along the canal.
NOTE: Rialto will not be available in the Competitive Play rotation until a future patch.
- Fixed a bug that caused bots to get stuck walking into the side of the Rikimaru Ramen Shop on Hanamura
- Fixed a bug that allowed players to place turrets in unintended locations on Horizon Lunar Colony
- Fixed a bug that allowed players to reach unintended locations in Horizon Lunar Colony
- Fixed a bug that caused the pig head on the bike to float after the bike had been destroyed in Junkertown
- Fixed a bug that allowed players to place turrets and Symmetra’s Teleporter in unintended locations in Junkertown
- Fixed a bug that caused the option “Invite to a Custom Game” to appear while in the Tutorial and Practice Range
- Fixed a bug that prevented oxygen tanks and fire extinguishers in spawn rooms from propelling after taking damage
- Fixed a bug that prevented training bots from returning to their original position and behavior after being hit with an ability (e.g. Lúcio’s Soundwave)
- Fixed a bug that caused bots to use the wrong route when tracking down the player if their target jumped off a ledge
- Fixed a bug that caused bots to get stuck on the siege tank in the StarCraft area of Blizzard World
Matt Ruppert715 Posts
Navy Veteran with a penchant for the FPS genre, Chewy has all aspects of the gaming community covered. Don't expect to see him on a console any time soon, however - though he has experience in all platforms, the PC Master Race has a firm hold on him.