New Half-Life Patch Arrives 19 Years After Launch
Half-Life has become an iconic series, albeit one that may never be continued in current gamer’s lifetimes. While fans may never see a Half-Life 3, creators are updating the titles stemmed that are currently available such as Black Mesa, the Half-Life remake which is working on the controversial Xen levels. Now a fresh Half-Life patch has arrived for the original game of the franchise.
The patch arrived on July 11th, which is close to 19 years since its original release in November of 1998. However, the official Half-Life patch notes don’t detail anything too exciting. The fixes are primarily crash fixes though the patch notes do thank the people who sent in bug reports. The patch also arrives for game’s expansions Blue Shift and Opposing Forces.
- Fixed crash when entering certain malformed strings into the game console. Thanks to Marshal Webb from BackConnect, Inc for reporting this.
- Fixed crash when loading a specially crafted malformed BSP file. Thanks to Grant Hernandez (@Digital_Cold) for reporting this.
- Fixed malformed SAV files allowing arbitrary files to be written into the game folder. Thanks to Vsevolod Saj for reporting this.
- Fixed a crash when quickly changing weapons that are consumable. Thanks to Sam Vanheer for reporting this.
- Fixed crash when setting custom decals
A new chapter of a Half-Life webcomic is on the way and recently received a trailer teasing the upcoming content. The second Half-Life title is also getting some love with a Greenlight Campaign on Steam for a VR mod of the game. Is it better to see classic Gordon Freeman and co or would you rather see some new content? Will we ever see the return of the crowbar wielding hero? Let us know your thoughts on the latest Half-Life patch and the series in the comments section below. As always, don’t forget to follow Don’t Feed the Gamers on Twitter for 24/7 coverage of all things gaming and entertainment.
Chris Calles1123 Posts
Known as "Stash" or Yippee Calles. He's a student of everything, avid adrenaline junkie, and creator of random things. When he's not delving into a game, book, or movie - He's out teaching himself new things or taking part in some pretty epic adventures. You can find him on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Tumblr.