Latest Monster Hunter World Patch Brings “The Food Chain Dominator” (VIDEO)
The latest Monster Hunter World patch has gone live, setting the deadly Deviljho upon the realm. “The Food Chain Dominator” brings a maw full of deadly teeth that are ready to devour, assuming that the creature’s enormousness large spiked tail doesn’t already decimate them. The new update includes a special assignment to deal with this menace. New balance changes and overall improvements have also been brought in this latest release. Take a look at the trailer for Deviljho before diving into the Monster Hunter World patch notes:
Check out the full Monster Hunter World patch 2.00 update below:
Added special assignment: “The Food Chain Dominator”.
- Added a new monster: Deviljho! (Includes new Deviljho weapons, and the Vangis α and β armor sets.)
- Added a new specialized tool: Dragonproof Mantle.
Note: Deviljho will invade 6★ quests, 7★ quests, and high rank expeditions once you have completed the investigation for the “??? Rathian” in the main story. After completing certain conditions, you will unlock the Deviljho special assignment.
It is extremely violent, and known to flail large monsters around.
Major Gameplay Feature Additions and Changes
- Optimized data processing to reduce loading times.
- Added the feature “Kick from Online Session” to the player list.
- Added “Return to Gathering Hub” (single player) and “Disband & Return to Gathering Hub” (multiplayer) to the options for “Select Return Destination” after a quest.
- Added the “Text Size” setting for changing subtitle text size, under Start Menu > Options Game Settings.
- In the “Online Session” menu, the name for the menu command “Squad Session Search” was changed to “Create/Search for a Squad Session” (the functionality is unchanged).
- Attacks from allies no longer interrupt you during the carving animation. Additionally, players are now immune to all hit reactions, including bombs, during carving animations after quest completion.
- Slightly reduced the amount that the Scoutfly Level (which is tied to monster research levels) gauge decreases after each quest.
- Added the game version number to the game’s title screen (for this update—PS4: 2.00; Xbox One: 18.104.22.168).
Game Balance Adjustments
- Increased the damage for Charged Slash abilities.
- Charged Slash II — Damage increased.
- Charged Slash III — Damage increased.
- Strong Charged Slash II — Damage increased.
- Strong Charged Slash III — Damage increased.
- Spirit Helm Breaker — (Bug Fix) After use, you should now properly be immune to knockbacks until you land on the ground.
- Improvements to Foresight Slash input timing and hitbox detection.
- Foresight Slash — Time window to successfully trigger increased.
- Foresight Slash — Hitbox to successfully trigger increased.
- Foresight Slash — Damage hitbox increased.
- Foresight Slash — Increased the angle that the player can control the direction of the attack.
Sword & Shield
- Roundslash damage increase and improved slinger usability.
- Roundslash — Damage increased.
- Wedge beetles can now be used when using the slinger with your weapon drawn.
- Adjusted the stun values on charged attacks.
- Charge Tier 2 — Charged Upswing stun values increased.
- Charge Tier 2 — Charged Brutal Upswing stun values increased.
- Charge Tier 3 — Charged Big Bang stun values increased.
- General attack power increase.
- The Encore effect for the Self-Improvement melody now also increases your attack power (the effect is now “Attack Up + Deflected Attack Prevention”).
- Reduced sharpness loss for shelling, and made some attack power increases.
- Shelling — Damage parameters increased when sharpness is yellow or worse.
- Sharpness loss alleviated for all Wyrmstake Cannon and Wyvern’s Fire attacks.
- Wyrmstake Cannon — Damage increased.
- Wyvern’s Fire — Damage increased.
- Zero Sum Discharge adjusted to make it easier to use.
- Zero Sum Discharge — Level 4 Earplugs effect during use.
- It is now possible to chain the beginning of Sword: Jumping Element Discharge into Zero Sum Discharge.
- Zero Sum Discharge Finisher — Damaged increased.
- Mounted Discharge Finisher — No longer causes sharpness loss.
- Zero Sum Discharge — (Bug Fix) After use, you should now properly be immune to knockbacks until you land on the ground.
- Balance adjustments to Impact Phial and Power Element Phial.
- Impact Phials — Attack power bonuses from effects other than that of the Artillery skill (for the explosions) were decreased.
- Axe: Super Amped Element Discharge — Stun values decreased for Impact Phials.
- Phial stun values increased for all attacks other than Axe: Super Amped Element Discharge.
- Elemental values increased for Power Element Phials.
- Axe: Super Amped Element Discharge — Power Element Phial explosions spaced closer together to make them easier to hit.
- Improvements to extract attack power increase and extract effect length.
- Improved the effect of the attack power increase for red/white and red/white/orange extract hybrid effects.
- Extract effect times increased overall.
- Extract effect times no longer decrease while mounting a monster.
- Adjusted to be easier to use.
- Counter-thrust — Temporary knockback negation during a successful counter-thrust.
- Made the Demon Gauge easier to maintain.
- Demon Gauge — Can now be increased by Demon Mode roundslashes and Demon Flurry Rush.
- Demon Mode — Fixed a bug where you could not cancel Demon Mode when transitioning from a Demon Dodge.
- Fixed various bugs.
- Dashing Shot — Fixed a bug where the Spread/Power Shots skill effect was applied twice.
- Dragon Piercer — Fixed a bug where you could shoot past the attack’s angle limitations. Now shoots straight ahead of the player, regardless of the camera angle, when shot with the camera angle past the attack’s angle limitations.
Monster Hunter World patch 2.00 is available now.
What do you think of all the details in the latest Monster Hunter World patch? What else are you hoping to see added or fixed in the title? Sound off with your thoughts in the comment section below, and don’t forget to check out DFTG on Twitter for gaming and entertainment news live 24/7!
If you enjoyed this article, be sure to check out more from Don’t Feed the Gamers:
- Giant Inflatable Reptar From Rugrats On Sale For Over 50% Off, You Know You Want It
- This Custom Bloodborne Stand Is Perfect For PS4 Owners
- Ark Survival Evolved Nintendo Switch Version Confirmed For 2018 Release (VIDEO)
- The Banner Saga 3 Nintendo Switch Port Announced, First Two Games “Coming Soon” (VIDEO)
Matt Ruppert710 Posts
Navy Veteran with a penchant for the FPS genre, Chewy has all aspects of the gaming community covered. Don't expect to see him on a console any time soon, however - though he has experience in all platforms, the PC Master Race has a firm hold on him.