Marvel VS Capcom: Infinite Story Trailer Released – More Characters and Game Modes Revealed (VIDEO)
Since its announcement, fans have been getting increasingly more excited for the upcoming fighter, Marvel VS Capcom: Infinite. A huge roster of characters from both companies will choose a side to fight in an all out war of epic proportions. If you weren’t excited already, Capcom has released a new MvC Infinite story trailer that sets up why all of these iconic characters are duking it out. Check out the trailer below:
Based on previous trailers, it wasn’t hard to decipher that the heroes from Marvel and Capcom were tasked to find and collect the Infinity Stones in order to stop the primary villain, Ultron Sigma (Sigma from Mega Man and Marvel’s Ultron fused into one being). What fans weren’t expecting was that the heroes need the help of The Mad Titan, Thanos. as can be seen in the Infinite story trailer. This doesn’t set well with half of the group, understandably, which causes quite a bit of friction. Marvel VS Capcom: Civil War anyone? Oh, and a giant symbiote monster seems to keep attacking everyone, so there’s that.
More than revealing the M. Night Shyamalan twist to the plot of the game, the trailer offers a look at some previously unannounced (but leaked) characters. Ghost Rider can be seen throughout the trailer with his flaming skull and chain, ready to wreak havoc. The Doctor Strange villain Dormammu can also be seen. On the Capcom side, Jedah, and Firebrand have made an official trailer appearance, adding them to the huge roster. Gameplay videos are expected to release in the near future. On release, the game will feature 30 playable characters which are listed below by their perspective brands:
- Black Panther
- Captain America
- Captain Marvel
- Doctor Strange
- Ghost Rider
- Iron Man
- Rocket Raccoon
- Chris Redfield
- Frank West
- Mega Man X
- Nathan Spencer
To sweeten the pot, Capcom has also released details on the variety of different playable game modes, both on and offline:
Offline Modes and Features
- Story – puts players at the center of a fierce battle as heroes from both universes come together to stop Ultron Sigma, the combined form of two robotic villains.
- Arcade – recreates the classic arcade experience. Keep winning to move forward and confront the final boss in an epic showdown of skills.
- Mission – players can do various tutorial missions, or try their hand at advanced character-specific challenges.
- Training – set up a training area with various parameters and hone skills to improve fighting abilities.
- Vs. Player 2 – go head-to-head against another player locally.
- Vs. CPU – play solo against an AI-controlled opponent.
- Collection – the Dr. Light Database contains numerous unlockable items, including cut scenes from the story mode, character/stage information, concept artwork and character/stage audio tracks.
Online Modes and Features
- Ranked Match – battle other players online to advance in the rankings.
- Casual Match – battle other players online without the results affecting the rankings.
- Beginners League – a special league fought between players of Rank 14 or lower.
- Lobby – search for or create a lobby where up to 8 players can engage in simultaneous player-vs-player matches.
- Rankings – view the rankings of players from all over the world.
- Replay Settings – configure replay settings and view replays.
With a action-packed story trailer, and the full roster out in the open, the wait for September 19th is going to be grueling for fans. Marvel VS Capcom: Infinite will be available on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Windows PC. A playable demo is currently available on Xbox One and PlayStation 4.
What did you think of the Marvel VS Capcom: Infinite story trailer? Are you happy with the roster? Who else would you like to see in the upcoming fighter? Let us know in the comments section below. Be sure to follow DFTG on Twitter to stay up to date on the hottest news in gaming and entertainment via our 24/7 live news feed.
Jon McAnally376 Posts
Hailing from the armpit of California, this most radical of nerds loves video games, comics, and collectibles (not dolls). Prepare to feast your eyes on the magical wonder that is his editorials.