Genshin Impact’s Yanfei Shows Off Combat Skills, Legal Expertise In New Trailer (VIDEO)
As Genshin Impact’s Version 1.5 update draws near, fans are more excited than ever to sink their teeth into the new content prepared by developer miHoYo. The new update brings with it the long anticipated player housing feature and two new playable characters for players to spend their hard-earned primogems trying to obtain. Now, miHoYo has released the official character trailer for one of the two upcoming ladies, Yanfei!
As revealed by miHoYo, Yanfei is Liyue’s top legal expert and, well, she also sets things on fire with the power of dancing! Just kidding, she’s a Catalyst user. What the trailer doesn’t tell you is that in her veins runs the blood of an illuminated beast, not unlike a certain secretary who also makes her home in Liyue. Unlike Ganyu, though, Yanfei doesn’t seem to mind getting her hands dirty.
Travelers \ (^ o ^) / ~
Today, let’s get to know Liyue’s top legal adviser — Yanfei!
— Paimon (@GenshinImpact) April 22, 2021
We know Yanfei is a top dog when dealing with the law, but, how does she hold up on the battlefield? Here’s the breakdown of her abilities courtesy of miHoYo:
- Normal Attack: Seal of Approval – Shoots fireballs that deal up to three counts of Pyro DMG. Hitting an enemy with her Normal Attack grants Yanfei a single Scarlet Seal. The initial maximum number of Scarlet Seals that she can possess at one time is 3. Gaining a new Scarlet Seal resets the duration of existing seals. Each Scarlet Seal decreases Yanfei’s Stamina consumption and will disappear when she leaves the field.
- Charged Attack – Consumes Stamina, and after a short casting time, consumes all Scarlet Seals to deal AoE Pyro DMG in the area in front of her. The AoE and DMG of a Charged Attack increases based on the number of Scarlet Seals that it consumes.
- Signed Edict – Summons blistering flames that deal AoE Pyro DMG. If this attack hits an enemy, Yanfei is granted the maximum number of Scarlet Seals.
- Done Deal – Triggers a spray of intense flams that rush at nearby opponents, dealing AoE Pyro DMG, granting Yanfei the maximum number of Scarlet Seals, and applying Brilliance to her.
- Brilliance – Periodically grants Yanfei a Scarlet Seal. Increases the DMG of her Charged Attacks. The Brilliance effect stops when Yanfei leaves the field or dies.
Genshin Impact is now available for PC, PS4, and Android & iOS devices. The game will be releasing for PS5 on April 28, 2021.
So, thoughts on the upcoming Genshin Impact character? Are you more excited for her or Eula? Let us know in the comments section below, and as always, stay tuned to Don’t Feed the Gamers for all the latest gaming and entertainment news! Don’t forget to follow DFTG on Twitter for our 24/7 news feed!
If you enjoy this writer’s work, please consider supporting them by tossing a KoFi their way! Every little bit helps and aims to keep DFTG independent and free of bias. Thanks so much for your support! Ryan ‘Cinna’ Carrier @ KoFi
Ryan "Cinna" Carrier2809 Posts
Ryan is the Lead Editor for Don't Feed the Gamers. When he isn't writing, Ryan is likely considering yet another playthrough of Final Fantasy IX. He's also the DFTG cinnamon bun.