Fortnite: ‘Fly Explosives’ Limited Time Mode Sees The Return Of Jetpacks, Now Live
Fans of Fortnite’ insanely popular Battle Royale mode have been dreaming of jetpacks ever since Epic Games took them away. They appeared for a brief period of time, players were taking to the skies to pull off insane no scopes, building became ridiculous, but like many other favorites, they were vaulted. Thanks to the new Fly Explosives Limited Time Mode, however, jetpacks are back!
Arriving today in the V5.10 content update, Fly Explosives will essentially turn everyone into Overwatch’s Pharah, raining all of that sweet justice from above. Jetpacks will be aplenty and the only weapons that participants will be able to pick up, as you might have guessed, are explosives. Here’s more from Epic’s description:
This mode combines the explosive fun of the High Explosives LTM and the vaulted Limited Time Item Jetpack. Take to the skies and blast everyone else back to the lobby!
- Only Explosive Weapons can be found in this mode.
- Floor Loot spawners will occasionally spawn Jetpacks.
- Fly Explosives Jetpacks have increased fuel regen rate & decreased burn rate compared to Default Jetpacks, to keep pilots in the sky a bit longer.
- Between-storm wait times have been reduced due to players needing less time to find adequate loot (avg. match length should be lower than 20m).
- Rocket Ammunition capped at 120.
- Profile Stats (K/D & Wins) are tracked in this mode.
Fortnite is currently available on PC, PlayStation 4, Switch, Xbox One, and iOS devices. If you’d like to read everything that’s new with the most recent content update, that can be found right here. Keep it tuned to Don’t Feed the Gamers as this story develops, and for other gaming goodness going on right now, check out the following:
- Anthem Publisher “Pleased” With Fan Excitement For The Game
- Portal: After Hours Mod Launches ‘Episode One’ Next Month (VIDEO)
- Digimon Survive Releases Debut Trailer For PS4 And Nintendo Switch (VIDEO)
What say you, gamers? Are you ready to jump into the Fly Explosives LTM in Fortnite? Do you think Epic should just bring the jetpacks back as a permanent item in the game? Sound off in the comments section below, and be sure to follow DFTG on Twitter for live gaming and entertainment news 24/7!
Eric Garrett1969 Posts
Eric is an editor and writer for Don't Feed the Gamers. When he is not staring at a computer screen filled with text, he is usually staring at a computer screen filled with controllable animations. Today's youth call this gaming. He also likes to shoot things. With a camera, of course.