Brigitte Lindholm Confirmed As Next Overwatch Hero – Here’s Everything We Know (VIDEO)
Well, it’s been a long week full of teasers, speculation, and downright wondering who the next Overwatch hero is going to be. Everything that has been released by Blizzard Entertainment has pointed to Torbjorn’s daughter being the upcoming hero, and thanks to a recent announcement, we now know that is true.
In a post to Blizzard’s website, we learn everything we need to know about Brigitte Lindholm, who happens to be a support character. To top it all off, her origin story has been released for all to enjoy. Check it out below, along with all of the glorious details about the new Overwatch hero:
Brigitte specializes in armor. She can throw Repair Packs to heal teammates, or automatically heal nearby allies when she damages foes with her Flail. Her Flail is capable of a wide swing to strike multiple targets, or a Whip Shot that stuns an enemy at range. When entering the fray, Barrier Shield provides personal defense while she attacks enemies with Shield Bash. Brigitte’s ultimate ability, Rally, gives her a substantial short-term boost of speed and provides long-lasting armor to all her nearby allies.”
There’s no denying that Brigitte has taken after her father, especially when it comes to tossing out a pack of sorts to her fellow teammates. Plus, all that wonderful armor shows the influence that Reinhardt has had on her. It would appear that the hero is almost a hybrid between Torbjorn and Reinhardt, with a dash of healing thrown in. Speaking of what she can do, check out her abilities below:
- Rocket Flail
- Brigitte’s melee weapon has an extended range, enabling her to strike multiple enemies with a single swing.
- Repair Pack
- Brigitte throws a Repair Pack that can heal an ally. Any healing over that ally’s maximum health provides them with armor instead.
- Whip Shot
- Brigitte throws her flail a long distance, dealing damage and knocking an enemy away from her.
- Barrier Shield
- Brigitte deploys a frontal energy barrier to absorb a limited amount of damage.
- Shield Bash
- Once her Barrier Shield is deployed, Brigitte can dash forward to stun an enemy.
- Brigitte moves faster and provides all nearby allies with armor that lasts until it’s removed by damage.
Unfortunately, we only have the timeframe of “Coming Soon” to know when Brigitte Lindholm will arrive in the game, but she is currently available in the Public Test Realm(PTR). When she does make her entrance after working out the bugs and any balancing issues, however, we’re sure fans will be absolutely delighted! Keep it tuned to Don’t Feed the Gamers as this story develops, and for other gaming news going on right now, check out the following:
- atest Destiny 2 Update Brings Attention To Strike Scoring, Emblems, General Fixes, & More
- GTA 5 Goku Mod Lets You Go Super Saiyan In Los Santos (VIDEO)
- New Pathfinder Tool Makes It Even Easier To Play On Tablets/Browsers, Even A GM And Dice
What say you, gamers? Are you excited to finally know who the next Overwatch hero is? Did you see the jetpack cat in the video above? Have you found your new main, or are you still waiting for Blizzard to release a new defense character? Sound off in the comments section below, and be sure to follow DFTG on Twitter for live gaming and entertainment news 24/7!
Eric Garrett2269 Posts
Eric is an editor and writer for Don't Feed the Gamers. When he is not staring at a computer screen filled with text, he is usually staring at a computer screen filled with controllable animations. Today's youth call this gaming. He also likes to shoot things. With a camera, of course.