Recent Blizzard Job Listings Tease Something Completely New
When Blizzard Entertainment released the now mega popular Overwatch, it was the launch of their first original IP in 19 years. Well, it looks like the company might be closing the gap between the first-person team-based shooter and its next big project, as a few recent job listings point to something completely new in the works.
Taking a look at BlizzardCareers.com unveils a couple interesting things. They have an unannounced project in the pipeline that appears to be unrelated to already established franchises. Positions such as Art Director, Character Artist, Environment Artist, and more are available, which seemingly indicates that Blizzard is looking to build something from scratch. Their Lead/Sr. Level Designer post reveals the best look at what fans can expect. Check out some of the glorious details for yourself below:
- Own level design and world building from conception to the final stages of polish, facilitating communication and coordinating team members to ensure the vision is clearly defined and understood.
- Research, define, pitch, and evangelize level design/project goals and objectives, ensuring the game’s creative pillars are captured.
- Partner with engineering to define and create tooling that effectively compliments Blizzard’s world-class handcrafted level design.
- Build and lead a small team of level designers and world artists, recruiting and mentoring extraordinary talent, and fostering a team where you lead responsibly through positive example.
- Embrace Blizzard’s core value of “Every voice matters,” creating a safe space for collaboration, communication, and creativity across all disciplines and departments.
Throughout the many job listings for the unannounced project, there are also a few key phrases that lend a bit of insight into what is being developed by Blizzard. Aspects that applicants could possess as a plus include “real passion for action games” and a “passion for co-op games, RPGs and board games,” which could lead to any number of conclusions.
It’s also worth noting that some of the unannounced projects say Diablo on them, while others aren’t linked to a franchise. Those are the ones that are of particular interest, as they very well could be pointing to the next big IP from Blizzard. Here’s to hoping we aren’t waiting nearly 20 years for what’s next.
Keep it tuned to Don’t Feed the Gamers as this story develops, and for other gaming goodness going on right now, check out the following:
- Steam Approves First 100% Uncensored Adult Game, More To Come
- Hideo Kojima Super Special Death Stranding Surprise At TGS 2018
- Sea Of Thieves: Forsaken Shores Expansion Launches Next Week (VIDEO)
What say you, gamers? Do you believe something entirely new is coming out of the Blizzard camp, or could they be building a new title from an already established series? Sound off in the comments section below, and be sure to follow DFTG on Twitter for live gaming and entertainment news 24/7!
Eric Garrett1509 Posts
Eric is an editor and writer for Don't Feed the Gamers. When he is not staring at a computer screen filled with text, he is usually staring at a computer screen filled with controllable animations. Today's youth call this gaming. He also likes to shoot things. With a camera, of course.