Blizzard Celebrates 20 Years of Diablo Anniversaries with Special Events for all Titles
Another year of Diablo anniversaries will be celebrated this year, making this the 20th year since Diablo released. That’s right – by December 31st, two decades will have passed since the debut of the original. Let that sink in. All of a sudden wisps containing the life force of hundreds can be seen floating toward the sky…instantly feeling old. Don’t worry, I won’t tell another soul. Jokes.
Blizzard wants to appreciate and celebrate with the fans by hosting special in-game events. Of course, what would a milestone be without some nostalgia? Not only will you be able to play the first installment of Diablo in Diablo III, but players of World of Warcraft look like they will be getting something a little more exciting. All the games currently accessible through the Blizzard client will have something awesome going on too. Check out the list below:
- Recapture the feeling of your first play through of the original Diablo with The Darkening of Tristram tribute event. Venture through a reimagined version of the original cathedral in Diablo III and keep an eye out for some familiar items.
- The battle for the High Heavens continues, and a new Diablo-themed portrait is up for grabs! Can you emerge victorious on this hectic new brawl map?
- In this Tavern Brawl, a hooded stranger awaits, holding a grim deck in his hands. Will you unravel the secrets surrounding this dark wanderer?
- Bring the battle for Sanctuary into the fight for the future with in-game sprays representing your favorite Diablo III classes—along with a new player icon modeled after the Lord of Terror!
- Put the Lord of Terror to work for you with a Diablo-themed worker portrait.
- Strange things are afoot in the world of Azeroth as denizens of Sanctuary cross over into an unfamiliar world.
The descriptions for the games are purposefully vague, it seems. Further details will be divulged at a later date, since the official anniversary day isn’t until New Year’s Eve. 2017 is just around the corner, and I’m sure Blizzard has some great plans and goodies in store. Twenty years is a milestone, indeed.
What will you be doing to celebrate another year of Diablo anniversaries? Based on the minimalistic descriptions, what are you expecting? Let us know in the comments section down below, we would love to hear from you. Don’t forget to follow Don’t Feed the Gamers on Twitter and Facebook for all the gaming news as it happens!
Hoi Duong2131 Posts
Hoi is an elusive figure at DFTG, whose favorite past-times include chillin' in the Fade, reading manga, watching anime, collecting novelty items, and gaming.