New Heroes Brawl “Snow Brawl” Now Available In Heroes Of The Storm
This week, Blizzard released a new Heroes Brawl event for Heroes Of The Storm – Snow Brawl. This should be a fan favourite for Heroes Of The Storm lovers, especially because it involves throwing snowballs!
The goal is the same as any other; destroy the enemy Nexus and win the match. Players who participate in the event and complete three matches will be rewarded with a special icon, as well as 1000 gold. The rules for this fun new match are as follows:
- Pick from one of three randomly selected Heroes before entering the Cursed Hollow. Be quick about it though, you only have 30 seconds to choose!
- Two types of Snowball items will appear on the ground throughout the match
- Fluffy Snowball
- A speedy snowball that hits a single enemy Hero in a line skill-shot while ignoring Minions and Structures
- Knocks targets back and deals significant damage
- Heavy Snowball
- An area-targeted explosion of snow that deals extra damage to non-Heroic targets
- Adds a 60% slow to all damaged targets that decays over 2 seconds
- Throw Snowball ability will appear next to your ability bar when you are holding a Snowball (Default Hotkey: F)
- Heroes can walk over Snowballs to pick them up and can only hold one Snowball at a time
- Fluffy Snowball
- Tribute Spawns
- When the first tribute phase arrives, two tributes will initially spawn together – one five seconds after the other.
- When a player picks up a tribute, a new one will spawn somewhere else after a 5 second delay, meaning there will generally be two tributes alive.
- This type of “rolling” tribute spawning continues until either team is cursed.
- Tributes do not spawn during a curse or for 60 seconds after a curse.
- The event will never spawn enough tributes to allow both teams to get cursed at the same time.
- Destroy the enemy team’s Core to win the match!
This sounds like a lot of fun – who doesn’t like throwing snowballs at other people!? These Heroes Brawls are incredibly fun and Blizzard does a wonderful job of making each one unique and special in its own way and this is no exception. Sadly Heroes of the Storm isn’t as popular as it should be, but it is slowly picking up over time. Blizzard has done a great job of adding new content regularly and keeping it as balanced as possible with quick fixes when something gets out of hand. And events like these keep the current crowd happy while attracting new people.
I’d love to hear your opinion on this game. Comment below and tell us your thoughts on Heroes Of The Storm. Tell us your favourite heroes. What hero annoys you most? And don’t forget that Heroes Of The Storm designers need your help with Deckard Cane or that you can get a free Overwatch skin until early Jan.
Scott Ace50 Posts
Scott (AKA Ace) is an Australian gamer, who enjoys nothing more than taming dinosaurs, piloting 'mechs, building things, and shooting people who deserve it online. A very typical nerdy geek who is currently looking to spread that love with others.