Call Of Duty: Black Ops 4 Update Adds Stability Improvements, Bug Fixes, And More
Treyarch’s Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 had a strong, successful release, with many praising the game as a return to form for the series. Thankfully, fans can look forward to a long lifespan for the title, with the developer continuously releasing new updates and supportive content to keep its player base coming back for more. Now, Treyarch has released yet another update for the game, this time focusing on stability improvements and bug fixes. Here are the details of the update, which is now available:
Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 Update
- Addressed a crash at the end of matches for Master Prestige players in Multiplayer and Zombies. We’re planning further improvements for related UI issues in a future update.
- General stability improvements across all modes.
- Addressed a crash when crafting the Shield with Frugal Fetish equipped.
- Various stability fixes across all maps.
- Blood of the Dead
- Addressed an issue with the Shield not displaying the correct updated version for the player.
- Addressed a crash when turning on the power in a Custom Mutations match.
- Stash Looting
- Addressed an issue where players had to scroll right or left on the d-pad multiple times to navigate through Stash lists.
- Circle Collapse
- Addressed an issue where the Collapse circle would sometimes appear invisible to players.
- Stash Looting
- Addressed an issue that highlighted the wrong score on the scoreboard if the scoreboard was opened immediately after death.
- Jumping while sprinting with Ruin now performs the same as with all other Specialists.
In addition to the above fixes, Treyarch has also released a statement in regards to the game’s network performance, and what fans can expect from the future in terms of performance optimization. “Now that we’re past the initial launch of the game, we are focusing on fine-tuning network performance around the globe, using the real-world data that we have collected,” Treyarch revealed in a new blog post.
Over the course of the next two weeks, we will roll out several updates to our network setup that will continue to improve upon the experience of our players since launch. As we have always said, launch is just the beginning, and we’re committed to making Black Ops 4 the best-supported game we’ve ever delivered. This is a journey that will involve constant adjustments, improvements, and additions. We appreciate your continued support and patience – thank you!”
It is great to see the developer showing some transparency in regards to what fans can expect in the weeks following the game’s release. With its promising ‘Blackout’ battle royale mode and a Zombies mode jam-packed with content, Black Ops 4 is shaping up to be a phenomenal experience for both series veterans and newcomers alike.
Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 is now available for PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.
So, thoughts on the latest patch? Have you been experiencing any network issues with the game? Let us know in the comments section below, and as always, stay tuned to Don’t Feed the Gamers for all the latest gaming and entertainment news! Don’t forget to follow DFTG on Twitter for our 24/7 news feed!
Ryan "Cinna" Carrier1058 Posts
When he isn't reading and writing, Ryan ponders the mysterious, undocumented relationship between Chocobos and Moogles. He's also the DFTG cinnamon bun.