Agony Unrated Launching This Month, Discounted For Current Owners (VIDEO)
If one horror game has undergone quite the confusing process, it’s Agony. The title was released earlier this year, with a non censored version hanging out somewhere in the shadows. While it has been a confusing process for most, especially after Agony Unrated appeared on Steam last week, the developers have officially confirmed that it’s finally happening.
PlayWay took to their Kickstarter page to inform everyone that Agony Unrated is on its way, with a launch set for this month. “We are aware that the premiere of our first game was disappointing for many players, as numerous technical errors and censored content effectively distracted from the game,” they said in the Kickstarter update. The developers also shared a launch trailer, which can be seen below. (WARNING: The following video is extremely NSFW.)
“We would like to apologize for the mistakes we made and to compensate players for a long time waiting for the UNRATED version, making it available at a significantly lower price,” PlayWay continued. “Agony UNRATED will be released on the STEAM platform, at the price of 14.99$/14.99€/49.99PLN. Players who already have regular Agony in their Steam library will receive a 90% discount on the UNRATED version. UNRATED agony will be made available for free on 29th October for all Agony Kickstarter backers.”
In regards to the legal issues that the team faced while trying to create the uncensored version of the adventure, PlayWay said, “Unfortunately, but the contracts we have in force, both publishing and rating, blocked us from releasing the patch and removing the censorship from the game. Any lawsuit related to the violation of these rules would most likely lead to the closure of our studio. To release Agony Unrated, we had to choose an alternative route and remain in the shadows by announcing the suspension of our work on the game. Today, after a few months since the release of Agony, the deadline for contracts binding us has passed and we can share these details with you.”
For those wondering just what is being included in Agony Unrated, here’s a convenient list provided by the developers:
- Improved quality of character models and textures,
- New types of threats – Traps,
- New types of environmental threats,
- New types of static opponents,
- A new, more extensive and useful character development system,
- Volumetric lighting,
- Normal Mode and Hard Mode with more opponents and puzzles,
- Completely new type of environment – the Forest, added to the procedurally generated Agony Mode, which now also includes additional traps and boss fights,
- 8 different endings in the Story Mode,
- Possibility to follow the story mode as a Sukkub,
- Sukkub Mode and Agony Mode are unlocked at the first start of the game,
- Many new, uncensored scenes,
- Black and red image filter, inspired by the Agony trailers,
- World map and minimap,
- The possibility of setting up a fire and killing some opponents as a martyr,
- Sacrificial altars,
- New and modified paths for the player,
- Numerous technical improvements to the basic version of the game and much more.
Agony Unrated is set to arrive on October 31st, and will only be coming to PC at this time. The developers stated in their update that if this version of the title is well-received, they’ll try to do a limited run of physical copies for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, as they won’t be able to create a Digital Edition. Keep it tuned to Don’t Feed the Gamers as this story develops, and for other gaming goodness going on right now, check out the following:
- Anthem Devs Discuss Upcoming Footage, Melee Builds, And More
- The Witcher Devs Reveal Unsettling Philippa Eilhart Concept Art
- Elon Musk Says ‘Half-Life 3’ Is “Next,” ‘Fallout: New Vegas’ Is A “No”
What say you, gamers? Are you glad that Agony Unrated is officially being released? Will you be giving the very NSFW version of the game a try next week? Sound off in the comments section below, and be sure to follow DFTG on Twitter for live gaming and entertainment news 24/7!
Eric Garrett1473 Posts
Eric is an editor and writer for Don't Feed the Gamers. When he is not staring at a computer screen filled with text, he is usually staring at a computer screen filled with controllable animations. Today's youth call this gaming. He also likes to shoot things. With a camera, of course.