Xbox Game Pass Confirms 8 New Games, Enables Halo Infinite Pre-Install
Even as the service already has numerous games confirmed for subscribers, Xbox Game Pass has announced even more for the starting day of September. Doling out over the next two weeks, 8 selections are set to be added across PC, console, and cloud streaming variants, with the fun including such highlights as the Lightning-led JRPG Final Fantasy XIII, the day-one debut of Surgeon Simulator 2, and trippy musical odyssey The Artful Escape.
Detailed in a recent Xbox Wire post, September 2nd will introduce the aforementioned Final Fantasy XIII and Surgeon Simulator 2, in addition to survival open-world Craftopia and animated card-battler Signs of the Sojourner. September 7th sees the strategic dungeon crawler Crown Trick added to Game Pass, while space-survival title Breathedge, post-apocalyptic roguelike Nuclear Throne, and psychedelic platformer The Artful Escape follow on September 9th.
Just as these quality titles make their way to Xbox Game Pass, nearly as many are also on their way out, including Rockstar Games’ multiplayer cowboy odyssey Red Dead Online. However, the following days also see World War RTS Company of Heroes 2, supernatural tactics RPG Disgaea 4, and storied racing simulator Forza Motorsport 7 leave the gaming platform with cartooney auto circuit Hotshot Racing, strategy adaptation The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance Tactics, and Gwent spin-off Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales.
Xbox Game Pass – September 2021
- Craftopia (Game Preview) (Cloud, Console, and PC)
- Final Fantasy XIII (Console and PC)
- Signs of the Sojourner (Cloud, Console, and PC)
- Surgeon Simulator 2 (Cloud, Console, and PC)
- Crown Trick (Console and PC)
- Breathedge (Cloud, Console, and PC)
- Nuclear Throne (Console and PC)
- The Artful Escape (Console and PC)
Leaving September 13th
- Red Dead Online (Cloud and Console)
Leaving September 15
- Company of Heroes 2 (PC)
- Disgaea 4 (PC)
- Forza Motorsport 7 (Cloud, Console, and PC)
- Hotshot Racing (Cloud and Console)
- The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance Tactics (Cloud, Console, and PC)
- Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales (Cloud and Console)
In addition to this usual assortment of perks, September’s Xbox Game Pass selections also offer fans the means to prepare for the release of Halo Infinite. Following the title’s release date reveal this past Gamescom, members will also be able to pre-install the next Master Chief adventure ahead of time for Xbox consoles. By the looks of the new download (H/T Polygon), the 280.2 MB file is likely a placeholder that will be replaced with the real game much closer to release.
What do you think? Are you excited about the 8 new games coming to Xbox Game Pass, or are you simply counting the days until Halo Infinite is finally added? Let us know in the comments below and be sure to follow Don’t Feed the Gamers on Twitter and Facebook to be informed of the latest gaming and entertainment news 24 hours a day! For more Microsoft headlines recently featured on DFTG, check out these next few news stories:
- Halo: The Master Chief Collection Adding Halo Online Map To Halo 3
- Windows 11 Release Date Revealed, Free Upgrade For “Eligible” PCs
- Starfield Concept Art Unveils Stunning New Alien Environments (VIDEO)
If you enjoy this writer’s work, please consider supporting them by tossing a Ko-fi their way! Every little bit helps and aims to keep DFTG independent and free of bias. Thank you so much for your support! Eric Hall @ Ko-fi
Eric Hall2688 Posts
Phone-browsing Wikipedia in one hand and clutching his trusty controller in the other, the legendary Eric Hall spreads his wealth of knowledge as a writer for Don't Feed the Gamers. Be sure to catch his biweekly "Throwback Thursday" segment for a nostalgic look at trivia from the past.