Vampire The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 Reveals Ventrue Clan (VIDEO)
Written by Brian Mitsoda, Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 sees the reprisal of the original 2004 video game with the same macabre design in story and characters. Since the reveal earlier this year, developer Paradox Interactive has revealed four other clans within the game’s vampire community. With other introductions suspected to arrive, the team reveal another full-blood clan – the Ventrue.
Following a large-scale attack on humans, players begin their harrowing journey as a Thinblood in Seattle in the midst of political warfare between vampire factions. You’re no mere individual at the bottom of the totem pole, however. You happen to be a “star witness” when a call for an investigation upon the Kindred community. Check out the latest trailer on the Ventrue clan from Bloodlines 2 below:
The Ventrue are a full-blood class within the Kindred elite class with the “blood of rules” in their veins since the beginning of time, the clan naturally take an aristocratic position in Seattle. “Kings and kingmakers, the Ventrue claim the wisdom, restraint and control to rule,” reads a brief excerpt for Bloodlines 2. “Of course, not everyone loves this assertiveness, yet there are few who don’t fear the powers of the Patricians. Players who choose clan Ventrue gain access to two of their Disciplines in addition to their Thinblood powers.”
A few words are purposely left blank on Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2’s website, but below are the abilities of Ventrue. They’re an intimating clan comprised of corporate influences and
Guardians of the Masquerade and Princes of uncounted cities, it runs in the Ventrues’ blood to be obeyed. Their signature Discipline allows them to Dominate the actions and memories of others.
- (Blood Cost: 3), the primary Dominate power, allows the Ventrue to place one NPC in a brief hypnotic trance. The person so affected is oblivious to the world around them, ignoring sound, touch and even pain. The • • slot intensifies Mesmerize’s effect.
- (Blood Cost: 0), the secondary Dominate power, significantly extends the Ventrue’s control over the Mesmerized NPC. They can now be ordered to move, remove obstacles, or even attack others. The • • • • and • • • • • slots upgrade Command.
- Using Dominate powers is not a Masquerade violation.
Few things truly worry the vampire who masters Fortitude, the Discipline of physical resilience. After all, why fear the battle when you are certain to outlast your foe?
- (Blood Cost: 2), the first active, allows the vampire to take a brief defensive stance in which they may deflect all attacks they can see, healing their wounds for every would-be strike. The • • slot increases Absorb’s effects.
- Personal Armor
- (Blood Cost: 2), the second active power, hardens the vampire’s skin into a stone-like barrier. The • • • • and • • • • • slots upgrade this power to the point where a true master becomes impervious to attacks, causing attackers to stagger back from the recoil of their own strikes.
- Allowing a mortal to witness your Fortitude under attack is a Masquerade Violation.
Which of the clans revealed by Paradox Interactive are you most interested in in Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines 2? Let us know what you think in the comments section below or start a conversation on Don’t Feed the Gamers Facebook page. To stay up to date on gaming and entertainment news as it happens, follow us on Twitter! Here are some of our latest:
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Film Reportedly In The Works
- Nioh 2 Footage Revealed Ahead of Closed Alpha (VIDEO)
- Timothy Olyphant Calls First Hitman Film a “Pile of S**t”
Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 arrives later this year on PC, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4.
Hoi Duong1695 Posts
Hoi is an elusive figure at DFTG, whose favorite past-times include chillin' in the Fade, reading manga, watching anime, collecting novelty items, and gaming.