Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 Spotlights Toreador Clan (VIDEO)
It wasn’t too long ago when Paradox Interactive let loose the tiny tidbit that the long overdue sequel Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 was finally getting made. While its official release is still a ways off, the past few weeks have been packed with new information regarding the many clans players will encounter in their undead exploits, so far introducing the likes of the base Thinbloods as well as the rabble-rousing Brujah and magically-inclined Tremere clans.
As revealed by Paradox, the newest clan to be unveiled are the Toreador, a group filled with artists and influencers that are “well entrenched within Seattle’s power structure,” often having access to the the city’s “political, social, and cultural elite.” The so-called Clan of the Rose have an obsession with “beauty in all forms,” notably featuring abilities highlighting their natural prowess over elegance and charm. A trailer can be viewed below along with an official description.
One of the largest Clans in Seattle, the Toreador’s history in the emerald city runs deep. Beauty-obsessed artists and architects, poets and songwriters, these Kindred have had their hands in shaping Seattle since its pioneer days. As the historic music venues and eccentric mid-century homes make way for expensive high-rise apartment buildings, some wonder if the Clan of the Rose is fading in Seattle. Still, members of the Toreador Clan can be found perusing an art gallery downtown or revelling in a Pioneer Square nightclub, and more likely than not, hanging on the arm of someone with social, political, or cultural power.”
In Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2, the Toreador also possess two notable abilities in Presence and Celerity, the former overwhelming onlookers with pure adoration and the latter gifting users with natural swiftness and speed. A full rundown of these powers can be viewed below.
- Awe: Strike a pose that freezes all before you in adoring wonder. For a short time after, new admirers are oblivious to anything other than what they’ve just witnessed.
- Entrance: Form a group of admirers around the vampire, following along and distracting nearby enemies.
- Public use of Presence abilities does not constitute a Masquerade violation.
- Unseen Storm – Dash in any direction with such speed that you momentarily disappear from view, allowing you to land attacks, dodge around enemies, or get away before the dust has settled. Upgrades further enhance the effects of Unseen Storm.
- Accelerate – Move so fast that everything else in the world appears to slow down to a standstill. Assailants seem frozen in their attacks, cars crawl forward, bullets zip by lazily, and the vampire can perform stunts that, with an 80’s synth track in the background, would make for an awesome movie scene. Upgrades further enhance the effects of Accelerate.
- Use of Celerity before mortals is a Masquerade violation.
Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 is set for a release sometime in 2020.
What do you think? Are you digging the vampire clans shown off so far? Which one is your favorite? Let us know in the comments below and be sure to follow Don’t Feed the Gamers on Twitter and Facebook to be informed of the latest gaming and entertainment news 24 hours a day! For more headlines recently featured on DFTG, check out these next few news stories:
Eric Hall1430 Posts
Phone-browsing Wikipedia in one hand and clutching his trusty controller in the other, the legendary Eric Hall spreads his wealth of knowledge as a writer for Don't Feed the Gamers. Be sure to catch his weekly "Throwback Thursday" segment for a nostalgic look at trivia from the past.