Vampire The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 First Details On Thinblood Clan (VIDEO)
Last month, Paradox Interactive officially announced the sequel title to a cult classic vampire series! Titled Vampire the Masquerade – Bloodlines 2, the studio is excited to see its launch next year and details are starting to trickle in. Introducing the first of several vampire clans to bear witness to in the upcoming game, Paradox sheds some light on Thinbloods.
As the weakest and most vulnerable of all six clan profiles, Thinbloods are the easiest demographic to prey upon. Due to sheer ignorance on the ins and outs of “Kindred society,” this class of vampires are considered the bottom of the hierarchical barrel among the Kindred.
Despite being permitted in the city, many thinbloods don’t survive very long. With little understanding of what they are or the rules of Kindred society, they face a struggle to simply exist in a city carved up by established political factions. Many are killed when they pose a threat to the Masquerade. A few find work as grunts and runners for the less scrupulous denizens of Seattle. It’s not unheard of for a thinblood to gain enough respect to earn a more prominent role in a faction, but they are rarely shown the same respect or legal standing a full-blood clan member enjoys. It’s a hard, short life for most thinbloods in Seattle, but it’s also a city of opportunity for the few that can navigate their way into the higher circles of vampire society.”
That doesn’t mean they’re powerless though. Seen below, Thinbloods have a variety of abilities to help them survive. So long as they follow the Kindred natural order, this clan has the tools to make it up the ladder. Here’s what they can do:
Chiropteran – Strong affinity for bats, allowing vampires to move through the air and summon swarms.
- Glide — first active power. Glide greatly lowers the weight of the vampire’s skeleton and muscle mass to allow them to briefly float, reaching otherwise inaccessible areas, swoop down on NPCs to knock them down, or rain down other Disciplines from afar.
- Bat Swarm — second active power. The vampire can summon a small swarm of bats to attack a target NPC, temporarily disabling them and dealing low damage. This power can be upgraded until a true Maelstrom of leathery wings surrounds the vampire, harrying and damaging those who come too close.
Mentalism – Use telekinesis to manipulate objects and even pull weapons from enemy hands.
- Pull — first active power. Manipulate inanimate objects using telekinesis, even weapons held by NPCs.
- Levitate — second active power. Suspends a living NPC in the air. Its strength can be enhanced until the vampire can levitate everyone and everything in an area, and throw suspended enemies around like ragdolls.
Nebulation – Allows the vampire to summon and command mist.
- Mist Shroud — first active power. Summon a shroud of mist that surrounds the player for a short period. The shroud muffles the sound of footsteps and reduces the range at which the player can be seen. In addition, the player may partially transform into a cloud of mist to perform a choking attack on an NPC or travel through a tight space, like a ventilation fan or duct.
- Envelop — second active power. Create a stationary, swirling cloud of mist on a target that surrounds, blinds and forcefully enters the lungs of NPCs that it touches.
For more on Thinbloods in Vampire the Masquerade – Bloodlines 2, check out the introductory trailer below:
Are you stoked to see another vampire-centric title enter the gaming industry? What do you think about Vampire The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 taking place in Seattle? It seems highly appropriately given the lack of sun and pale skin around these parts. Let us know what you think in the comments section below or start a conversation on Don’t Feed the Gamers Facebook page. To stay up to date on gaming and entertainment news as it happens, follow us on Twitter! Here are some of our latest:
- Mortal Kombat 11 Mod Adds Playable Kronika, Cyrax, and Sektor (VIDEO)
- Super Mario Bros Commodore 64 Port Shutdown By Nintendo
- Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen Available Now On Nintendo Switch (VIDEO)
Vampire The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 arrives within the first quarter of 2020 for PC, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4.
Hoi Duong1546 Posts
Hoi is an elusive figure at DFTG, whose favorite past-times include chillin' in the Fade, reading manga, watching anime, collecting novelty items, and gaming.