Valorant Patch 1.02 Adds Agent Tweaks, Spike Rush Changes, And More
With Valorant having officially released earlier this month, Riot Games is more committed than ever to continue to deliver content and keep the free-to-play FPS patched and up to date. To that end, the League of Legends developer has released Valorant patch 1.02, which offers some Agent tweaks, spike rush changes, and more.
Patch Notes 1.02 are here with a fresh Menu UI, surrender option, and balance for Viper, Jett, and Reyna. Competitive won’t be on with the patch ship and will be coming later. Read all about it: https://t.co/VZxSAktY7t pic.twitter.com/TD7Kd0bm8t
— VALORANT (@PlayVALORANT) June 23, 2020
Riot Games recently took to its Valorant website to reveal the full patch notes for update 1.02. Now available, said update brings with it a fresh and improved Menu UI, with Riot suggesting that it may be a bit “jarring at first,” but it’ll be for the better. Some of the game’s Agents have also been adjusted, as have most of the game’s maps. Here are the patch notes for Valorant update 1.02:
Valorant Update 1.02
- Toxic Screen now burns through walls, placing emitters at all valid locations (e.g., the ground) over its length
- Snake Bite, taking damage will make a player fragile for a short time
- Fragile is a debuff that doubles damage taken
- Poison Orb activation cooldown increased :: .5s >>> 6s
- Blade Storm now refreshes when used to kill Phoenix during Run It Back
- Soul Orbs are now spawned when Reyna kills Phoenix during Run It Back.
- Fixed an issue where Spycam blocked Spike defusal
- Fixed an issue where players could place a Cyber Cage on a Trapwire
- Added prevention for Spycam going through teleporter doors on Bind when placed on the frame from the outside
- Adjusted tuning around screen effects when exiting and entering smokes
- Decreased blind “falloff” value
- Decreased nearsighted intensity
- Crouch-walking accuracy: 3.45 >>> 4.1
- Walk accuracy 6.4 >>> 4.4
- Run Accuracy 3.5 >>> 6.4
Competitive Mode Update
- Competitive Mode will be made available during this patch, changes since closed beta:
- Updated rank iconography.
- New name for top rank: Radiant
- Expanded skill disparity range for playing with friends in rank placements
Adjusted numerous locations to allow clearing angles to be a bit more straightforward in the following places:
- Garage Doors
- Entrance to C Long on Attacker Side
- Cover in A Lobby restructured to open up the space which allows for additional sight lines and traversal options
- C Link
- A Link
- The Entrance to A Sewer and the bottom of A Sewer
- Defender spawn entrance
- Attacker side of A Main (Including a self-boost to gain an additional angle to peek A Main as an attacker)
- Garden entrance
- A Bath entrance
- B Teleporter Exit and B Window entrance
- Defender Spawn
Those looking to see the full quality of life and mode changes can do so right here. Valorant is now available free to play on PC.
So, thoughts on the latest update? Let us know in the comments section below, and as always, stay tuned to Don’t Feed the Gamers for all the latest gaming and entertainment news! Don’t forget to follow DFTG on Twitter for our 24/7 news feed!
If you enjoy this writer’s work, please consider supporting them by tossing a KoFi their way! Every little bit helps and aims to keep DFTG independent and free of bias. Thank you so much for your support! Ryan ‘Cinna’ Carrier @ KoFi
Ryan "Cinna" Carrier2230 Posts
Ryan is a writer and the head editor for Don't Feed the Gamers. When he isn't writing, Ryan is likely considering yet another playthrough of Final Fantasy IX. He's also the DFTG cinnamon bun.