Bend it Like Lucio – The Summer Games are BACK in Overwatch This Month! (VIDEO)
A new month, a new event in the hit FPS from Blizzard: Overwatch. The popular shooter continues to be a smashing success and that’s in no small part to the constant influx of material to keep gameplay from getting stale. The franchise already has several animated shorts, comics, and a high-quality figure line to add to the hype and now Lucio and the gang are back and ready to bring it during the Summer Games! Check out what’s in store in the latest developer update video right here:
Jeff Kaplan takes the stage rocking a Mercy shirt to talk about the next run of the Summer Games. “I’ve been hearing the buzz about when the Summer Games are coming back …,” he says and now he’s delivering. Here are the highlights:
- Second chance to get last year’s skins for players that missed out
- The old skins (the old skins will be discounted) and old skins can be unlocked with credits, due to player demand
- Junkrat, Mercy, McCree, and Widowmaker have a special legendary skin (and other promised goodies)
- Lucio Ball is back!
- Rios Stadium is back alongside a new stadium set in Sydney, Australia
- No more “booping” enemies
- Lucio’s ultimate is changed in Lucio Ball – “Super Lucio”
- Competitive Lucio Ball system + perks
Are you pumped!? We’re pumped and ready to pwn at some Lucio Ball action. The Summer Games Event kicks off (heh, puns) on August 8th for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC! Will you be partaking in the festivities? What’s been your favourite event thus far? Sound off with your thoughts in the comment section below, and don’t forget to check out DFTG on Twitter for gaming and entertainment news live 24/7!
Liana Ruppert578 Posts
With an arguably unhealthy obsession with Mass Effect, Liana has been an avid collector of gaming and comic memorabilia for well over two decades. With a passion for writing, gaming, and comics - she is currently working as Editor-in-Chief for the revival of Prima Games, with previous managing editor experience with several gaming publications including ComicBook.com, The Hollywood Reporter, TwinGalaxies, and other outlets. She is also the Co-Owner and Managing Editor for DFTG. You can find her on Twitter, Instagram, as well as several Facebook communities online.