Stardew Valley Creator Reveals Multiplayer Status Update And Release Order For Consoles
Multiplayer for “country-life RPG” Stardew Valley was announced back in August 2017, though word on just how far along the much-anticipated feature is has been almost non-existent up until now. Thankfully, the Stardew Valley creator, “ConcernedApe”, surfaced on social media to provide an update for the multiplayer feature, which can be seen below:
Update on Stardew Valley multiplayer: still making good progress on fixing bugs, if all goes well it should be ready in about a month
— ConcernedApe (@ConcernedApe) April 10, 2018
While it’s far from an exact date, the fact that the Stardew Valley creator is even talking about it is pretty good news for those looking forward to co-op. In addition to a status update on the game’s multiplayer, ConcernedApe also revealed the release order for multiplayer on consoles: PC, Nintendo Switch, then both Xbox One and PlayStation 4.
PC first, then switch, then both Xbox and PS4. Not exactly sure on the timetable for those. This tweet is referring to PC/Mac/Linux
— ConcernedApe (@ConcernedApe) April 10, 2018
As noted above, the Stardew Valley creator didn’t actually have a timetable for the arrival of multiplayer on consoles, though at least we know the pecking order. Here’s the full breakdown of Stardew Valley for those interested:
“You’ve inherited your grandfather’s old farm plot in Stardew Valley. Armed with hand-me-down tools and a few coins, you set out to begin your new life. Can you learn to live off the land and turn these overgrown fields into a thriving home? It won’t be easy. Ever since Joja Corporation came to town, the old ways of life have all but disappeared. The community center, once the town’s most vibrant hub of activity, now lies in shambles. But the valley seems full of opportunity. With a little dedication, you might just be the one to restore Stardew Valley to greatness!”
Stardew Valley Features
- Turn your overgrown field into a lively farm! Raise animals, grow crops, start an orchard, craft useful machines, and more! You’ll have plenty of space to create the farm of your dreams.
- Improve your skills over time. As you make your way from a struggling greenhorn to a master farmer, you’ll level up in 5 different areas: farming, mining, combat, fishing, and foraging. As you progress, you’ll learn new cooking and crafting recipes, unlock new areas to explore, and customize your skills by choosing from a variety of professions.
- Become part of the local community. With over 30 unique characters living in Stardew Valley, you won’t have a problem finding new friends! Each person has their own daily schedule, birthday, unique mini-cutscenes, and new things to say throughout the week and year. As you make friends with them, they will open up to you, ask you for help with their personal troubles, or tell you their secrets! Take part in seasonal festivals such as the luau, haunted maze, and feast of the winter star.
- Explore a vast, mysterious cave. As you travel deeper underground, you’ll encounter new and dangerous monsters, powerful weapons, new environments, valuable gemstones, raw materials for crafting and upgrading tools, and mysteries to be uncovered.
- Breathe new life into the valley. Since JojaMart opened, the old way of life in Stardew Valley has changed. Much of the town’s infrastructure has fallen into disrepair. Help restore Stardew Valley to it’s former glory by repairing the old community center, or take the alternate route and join forces with Joja Corporation.
- Court and marry a partner to share your life on the farm with. There are 12 available bachelors and bachelorettes to woo, each with unique character progression cutscenes. Once married, your partner will live on the farm with you. Who knows, maybe you’ll have kids and start a family?
- Spend a relaxing afternoon at one of the local fishing spots. The waters are teeming with seasonal varieties of delicious fish. Craft bait, bobbers, and crab pots to help you in your journey toward catching every fish and becoming a local legend!
- Donate artifacts and minerals to the local museum.
- Cook delicious meals and craft useful items to help you out. With over 100 cooking and crafting recipes, you’ll have a wide variety of items to create. Some dishes you cook will even give you temporary boosts to skills, running speed, or combat prowess. Craft useful objects like scarecrows, oil makers, furnaces, or even the rare and expensive crystalarium.
- Customize the appearance of your character and house. With hundreds of decorative items to choose from, you’ll have no trouble creating the home of your dreams!
- Xbox controller support (with rumble)! (Keyboard still required for text input)
- Over two hours of original music
So, thoughts on the latest news from the Stardew Valley creator? Plan on picking the game up for yourself? Let us know in the comments section below, and as always, stay tuned to Don’t Feed the Gamers for all the latest gaming and entertainment news! Don’t forget to follow DFTG on Twitter for our 24/7 news feed!
Check out the latest news highlights from DFTG below:
Ryan "Cinna" Carrier2363 Posts
Ryan is a writer and the head editor for Don't Feed the Gamers. When he isn't writing, Ryan is likely considering yet another playthrough of Final Fantasy IX. He's also the DFTG cinnamon bun.