Star Wars Battlefront 2 Update Returns To Rogue One’s Scarif
Star Wars Battlefront 2 revealed a new community transmission with details of an enormous patch dubbed The BB Update. Despite the slight delay, there’s a lot to look forward to come when it finally goes live next week. The return of the Age of Rebellion will see the courageous BB-8 as an offensive hero, the return to the Original Trilogy and Age of Rebellion, a massive list of bug fixes and quality of life changes. We’re also returning to Rogue One’s Scarif.
The outline below are prime details from the official release notes, but if you want to complete list then feel free to check it out right here.
- Two new Heroes, BB-8 for the Resistance and BB-9E for the First Order, are now available.
- Supremacy and Instant Action are now available on new Planets (Takodana, Jakku, Ajan Kloss).
- Added new Capital Ship interior maps, the MC85 Star Cruiser and the Resurgent-class Star Destroyer, as part of the Supremacy game mode on the new planets.
- Hero Showdown is now available on Ajan Kloss.
- New emotes have been added for Finn (Thumbs Up) and Kylo Ren (Showdown), unlockable via milestones.
Quality of Life
- Added era selection to Supremacy, including the option for matchmaking into any game.
- Droideka units are added as AI players on Co-Op and Instant Action.
The Star Wars Battlefront 2 team heard the community loud and clear. Players will get a chance to play as “Luke, Leia, Darth Vader, and others through both Co-Op and Supremacy”. In addition to that, the BB Update includes new and unique hit markers that clearly differentiates between splash or direct damage. Oh, and prepare for a few character nerfs and buffs as well.
According to EA, “During development, we looked at the experiences that both Death Star II and Scarif would offer, deciding that the Age of Rebellion would be focused on ground-based combat, which is a better fit for some of the more iconic locations we have available. It’s hard to imagine leaving the Death Star to go to a capital ship, let alone having to deal with the shield that surrounds Scarif. But, don’t worry – it’s still the same great Supremacy experience, just focused on ground-based gameplay.”
The BB Update goes live on February 3rd.
What do you think about the massive Star Wars Battlefront 2 update from EA and company? Are you happy to return to Scarif? What else are you looking forward to? Let us know what you think in the comments section below or start a conversation on Don’t Feed the Gamers Facebook page. To stay up to date on gaming and entertainment news as it happens, follow us on Twitter! Here are some of our latest:
- This Modded GameCube Is Looking Horrific And Fleshy
- Grand Theft Auto 6 Release Window Teased By Former Rockstar Dev
- DOTA Underlords Reveals Official Release Date, New Content
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons Confirms 8-Player Co-Op
Hoi Duong1918 Posts
Hoi is an elusive figure at DFTG, whose favorite past-times include chillin' in the Fade, reading manga, watching anime, collecting novelty items, and gaming.