Epic Games Store Offering Three Free Tabletop Titles Next Week
Epic Games has been offering gamers free titles each week since the launch of their digital store, often times giving away more than one game at a time. That said, next week will see a total of three experiences given away for free, all of which are popular tabletop titles.
Beginning on February 6th, three tabletop titles will be available for free on the Epic Games Store for a limited time. Until then, players can pick up Farming Simulator 19 at no cost. However, from the 6th until the 13th, players can grab Carcassonne, Pandemic, and Ticket to Ride for free. In case you don’t know what to expect from each of these titles, here’s more:
- Carcassonne is a modern classic tile-placement game based on the award wining game in which the players draw and place a tile with a piece of southern French landscape on it. The tile might feature a city, a road, a cloister, grassland or some combination thereof, and it must be placed adjacent to tiles that have already been played, in such a way that cities are connected to cities, roads to roads, et cetera. The player can then decide to place one of his followers, so called Meeples, on one of the areas on it: on the city as a knight, on the road as a robber, on a cloister as a monk, or on the grass as a farmer. When that area is complete, that meeple scores points for its owner. Each new game is a new experience thanks to the ever-changing landscape.
- Humanity is on the brink of extinction. As members of an elite disease control team, you’re the only thing standing in the way of the four deadly diseases spreading across the world. You must travel the globe protecting cities, containing infections from spreading, and discovering the cure for each disease. The fate of humanity is in your hands!
Ticket to Ride
- Set off with your friends and family to re(discover) Ticket to Ride, the classic boardgame. In this railway adventure, you’ll need to be the quickest to link up your cities and reach your destinations.
If you’ve already grabbed your copy of Farming Simulator 19, be sure to head back to the Epic Games Store on February 6th to pick up these classic tabletop games. Keep it tuned to Don’t Feed the Gamers as this story develops, and for other gaming goodness going on right now, check out the following:
- Grand Theft Auto 6 Release Window Teased By Former Rockstar Dev
- Apex Legends Season 4 Introduces New Legend Revenant (VIDEO)
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons Inspired Nintendo Switch Design Coming Soon
What say you, gamers? Are you excited to pick up these tabletop adventures on the Epic Games Store? Sound off in the comments section below, and be sure to follow DFTG on Twitter for live gaming and entertainment news 24/7!
Eric Garrett2091 Posts
Eric is an editor and writer for Don't Feed the Gamers. When he is not staring at a computer screen filled with text, he is usually staring at a computer screen filled with controllable animations. Today's youth call this gaming. He also likes to shoot things. With a camera, of course.