Huge Sea of Thieves Patch Brings Significant Performance Improvements & Bug Fixes
Update: The issues that players are having since the update went live regarding the Xbox Game Pass is undergoing a fix at the time this article was written.
The team at Rare are rolling out their first major Sea of Thieves patch, bringing tons of necessary games fixes and performance improvements. With many issues being reported by fans of different inhibiting gameplay blocks they are running into, the developers acted fast on ensuring the proper fixes were implemented as soon as possible. Players will now see noticeable changes in the game including huge performance improvements that were previously game-ending at times.
The development team does note in the Sea of Thieves patch notes that not every issue has been corrected at this time. There are still a handful of known issues the team has run into and have made suggestions on how to get around the issue until a proper fix is deployed. Another noteworthy item about the latest update is the size of it. Players on Xbox will see a 9.99 GB download, while pirates on the PC can count on a 19.53 GB update.
Check out all the Sea of Thieves patch notes below:
- Players who have redeemed their Black Dog Pack pre-order code will now correctly see these items in their in-game chests. Not received your code? Check your Xbox Live messages over the next couple of days.
- Characters should no longer lose details such as hair colour and scars.
- When digging up a chest, there is no longer a chance that it will be impossible to pick up.
- Players should no longer intermittently be missing items and weapons when loading into the game.
- Weapon, clothing and ship cosmetic changes made after migrating server will now persist across sessions.
- Players will now correctly see other players titles.
- Snakes will now behave correctly, turning to face the player when agitated.
- Animal and skeleton movement around slopes has been improved.
- The game will no longer enter an unresponsive state after accepting a game invitation whilst matchmaking.
- Merchant Alliance notifications for handing in various items have been corrected.
- Lighting has been tweaked in order to improve performance on multiple islands and outposts.
- Fixed tinnitus sound which persists after being killed by multiple explosive barrels.
- Seagulls now fly over floating barrels.
- Players can no longer be held by a seemingly invisible Kraken tentacle.
- Fixed a range of potential game crashes.
- Significant performance optimisations across all platforms, specifically targeting the 4K native resolution of Xbox One X.
- Drastically reduced the likelihood of tearing when using the small ship.
- Reduced the likelihood of tearing when inside the Taverns.
- Sizeable framerate improvements when traversing large islands.
- Reduced likelihood of framerate hitches when navigating outposts.
- Optimised Foliage for smoother experience in overgrown jungle areas.
- Further improvements and optimisations for all platforms are ongoing.
- Player gold and reputation can be delayed when cashing in a reward.
- Player achievements can be delayed.
- For an update on both of these issues, please read our Launch Update written by Executive Producer, Joe Neate.
- Bounty quest skeletons sometimes do not spawn or cannot be found.
- If you encounter this bug, a potential work around is to sail away from the island until it’s out of range, and then sail back in to trigger the Island Name banners.
- Joining a player whose ship is parked at an active skeleton fort will prevent the joining player’s radial menus being opened.
- Rare Lore Items throughout the world will read in English, regardless of current language settings.
- “Hunter of Cursed Crews”, Commendation is not updating.
- Players may become comically smaller after fighting the Kraken.
- Death Cost – Thank you all for your feedback on our previously discussed Coming Update, Death Cost. Due to your passionate comments, we have decided not to move forward with this feature. Thanks for the honest feedback & discussion on this
What do you think of all the fixes and improvements seen in the Sea of Thieves patch? What else are you hoping to see fixed or added to the new title? Sound off with your thoughts in the comment section below, and don’t forget to check out DFTG on Twitter for gaming and entertainment news live 24/7!
If you enjoyed this article, be sure to check out more from Don’t Feed the Gamers:
Matt Ruppert715 Posts
Navy Veteran with a penchant for the FPS genre, Chewy has all aspects of the gaming community covered. Don't expect to see him on a console any time soon, however - though he has experience in all platforms, the PC Master Race has a firm hold on him.