Sea of Thieves Latest Update Brings UI Improvements, Ship Changes, & More
Rare has released a new update to their open world pirating experience, Sea of Thieves. In this new patch, the team is focusing on bringing improvements to various aspects that players engage with on a daily basis. For example, the developers have decided to relocate the ammo crates on both the Galleon and Sloop to make it easier to access while engaging in combat. Another feature that was changed was improve the UI to preview items in the Vanity & Clothes chests, making things load more gracefully.
In addition to the new Sea of Thieves patch below, the team also teased some information for players to look ahead for:
There’s rumour that a new shipment of clothing, items, weapons and ship customisations are on the horizon and heading for the Sea of Thieves! If you are saving yer coin for a pair of trousers, you might want to keep a weathered eye out for this arriving soon!”
So get your scalawag crew together and take to the salty sea to unlock all the booty and send your enemies to Davy Jones!
Check out all the details on the latest Sea of Thieves patch below, via Rare:
Xbox One: 1.36GB
Xbox One X: 1.36GB
Windows 10: 1.25GB
- New Message from Beyond – The Ferryman was unhappy with the text that had been written describing how to ‘Scuttle’ a ship, so he made them write a better version – and then walk the plank.
- Reload! – Adjusted position of the Ammo Crates on both ships, so they are easier to interact with.
- Play the next song! – Players will no longer play the same shanty twice in a row.
- UI Improvements – Images in the Vanity & Clothing Chests now load gracefully when browsing. In addition all UI screens now fade in when opened – Fancy!
- Resolved issues where Skeleton Fort or Bounty Quest Skeletons failed to spawn correctly.
We have been resolving these spawning issues across the last 2 updates (1.0.3, 1.0.4), however with this update (1.0.5) we have now resolved all known reported spawning issues.
- Players will no longer be stuck with a single weapon slot and players weapon choice will now also persist across sessions.
Players who were experiencing the Single Weapon Slot issue will now be resolved as soon as they load into game. No more early visits to the Ferryman required!
- Ships will no longer ping up into the sky when sinking.
- [PC] Push to talk option will no longer reset to default (disabled) between sessions.
- “You Can Always Trust The Untrustworthy” achievement can now be unlocked.
- Kraken is no longer able to spawn around rocks.
- Kraken tentacle should always be visible when holding a player.
- Pocket watch should no longer display as closed when being shown to another player.
- Skeletons and animals should no longer despawn when players climb in and out of the cannon.
- Rogue Sea Dog Trousers and Royal Sovereign Trousers should now unlock when the requirements are met.
- Lore Item descriptions are now localised.
- Reduced popping of UI in Quick Menu.
- It is no longer possible to clip through the ship when jumping on the Banana Barrel.
- Wrong company icon is no longer incorrectly displayed for a split second if user is trying to get XP from 2 different companies.
- It is no longer possible to drop behind the bar and get stuck in the Pirate Hideout.
- Updates to incorrect NPC dialogue lines.
- Getting into a cannon then getting back out should no longer skip the Tutorial.
- Players just outside the inky murk will now hear Kraken fight audio when it attacks other ships.
- Resolved issue where players could hear repeating audio SFX.
- Resolved issue where Gunpowder kegs could spawn outside of player reach.
- Fixed a potential client deadlock when encountering a networking error.
- Multiple server crash fixes.
Further improvements and optimisations for all platforms are ongoing.
- Some players cannot see their downloadable content in game.
- Players may experience details of their pirate (such as hair colour / scars) looking different from their initial selection.
- Players may encounter a grey screen when launching the game.
- Players are experiencing delayed achievements and commendations from in-game actions.
What do you think of all the changes and improvements in the latest Sea of Thieves patch? What else would you like to see added or corrected in a future version of the game? Sound off with your thoughts in the comment section below, and don’t forget to check out DFTG on Twitter for gaming and entertainment news live 24/7!
If you enjoyed this article, be sure to check out more from Don’t Feed the Gamers:
Matt Ruppert685 Posts
Navy Veteran with a penchant for the FPS genre, Chewy has all aspects of the gaming community covered. Don't expect to see him on a console any time soon, however - though he has experience in all platforms, the PC Master Race has a firm hold on him.