Check Out This Sailor Moon Crystal Dice Challenge Tabletop Game, Coming Soon (VIDEO)
Sailor Moon fans, unite! Dyskami Publishing Company has announced a new tabletop game titled Sailor Moon Crystal Dice Challenge, and it is shaping up to be a fantastic tribute to the manga series. Currently in an early crowdfunding phase over on the Dyskami website, the tabletop game has its players selecting one of 24 playable characters from the Sailor Moon Crystal series. Players then roll dice of varying size (from d4 up to d20) with the goal of capturing their opponent’s dice and gaining points. Here’s the description from Dyskami, followed by the teaser video:
Each player selects one of the 24 included Sailor Moon Crystal series characters to play. You and an opponent use your selected characters to battle each other in several rounds of combat. During the game, both of you are rolling a number of dice of different sizes (from 4-sides to 20-sides) and trying to use the numbers rolled to capture your opponent’s dice and gain points. The winner gains a victory point while the defeated character powers up and becomes an even stronger opponent! The first person to win three rounds wins the game.
There’s also the option to play the game using teams when you have more than two players, either through single combat teams or in tag-team combats. To accommodate an unlimited number of players at an anime/gaming/fandom convention, local game store/cafe, or any large gathering of family and friends, additional tournament rules are provided.”
Sailor Moon Crystal Dice Challenge is now available for pre-order through the crowdfunding campaign website, with two available backing options ranging from $35 to $65. The former option contains one copy of the game, while the latter option includes two full copies. Those that pre-order the tabletop game will be given a special Sailor Pluto character game card and a 36″ x 24″ Sailor Moon Crystal poster. The new tabletop game is expected to ship by May 2018. Below is the full list of contents included within one Sailor Moon Crystal Dice Challenge:
Sailor Moon Crystal Dice Challenge
- 24 full-colour character cards, each featuring a hero or villain from the Sailor Moon Crystal series
- 24 polyhedral dice (four coloured sets of six different dice types)
- 55 cardboard die-cut tokens representing special abilities, coins, and victory tokens
- 2 plastic card holders and 2 different custom Sailor Moon Crystal lanyards for social portable play that are ideal for playing at conventions or in other large groups
- 6 challenge cards to advertise that you are ready for a combat duel, each featuring a super-deformed Sailor Moon Crystal character
- A 12-page full-colour manual with detailed game rules, numerous play examples, and expanded rules for larger battles (single-combat team play, tag-team play, and tournament play)
So, thoughts on the new tabletop game from Dyskami? Plan on ordering one for yourself or a friend? Let us know in the comments section below, and as always, stay tuned to Don’t Feed the Gamers for all the latest gaming and entertainment news! Don’t forget to follow DFTG on Twitter for our 24/7 news feed!
Ryan "Cinna" Carrier847 Posts
When he isn't reading and writing, Ryan ponders the mysterious, undocumented relationship between Chocobos and Moogles. He's also the DFTG cinnamon bun.