Wonderfully Unique RPG ‘Undertale’ Gets a Console Release Date – Special Edition Detailed
Undertale is an indie RPG inspired by the likes of titles such as Mother and Mario & Luigi. Sony announced during E3 that the weird and quirky RPG game would be coming to PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita. Recently, the creator of the the title Toby Fox announced just when fans could expect to get their hands on the game as well as what players will find within the special edition version.
The game will be cross-buy compatible, which means fans will only need to purchase the game once for either the PlayStation 4 or the Vita in order to play on both consoles. Fans that pre-order the game on PSN will not only be able to play it when it arrives on August 15th but also receive a dynamic theme for their PlayStation 4. The game will only be able to be purchased digitally until September, then Fangamer will be releasing physical copies of Undertale, including copies of the special edition. You can take a look at the PS4 theme in the video below:
Pre-orders for the special edition are available now and will include.
- Available in PS4 or PS Vita versions
- Undertale Soundtrack with cover art by fan artist Cocoa Ando. Also, a couple tracks added, like the PS4 Theme background music
- 24-page booklet featuring a re-illustration of the opening sequence by Temmie Chang
- Reversible cover you’ll immediately regret realizing is reversible
- Music Box Locket that was a pain to make because the previous factory kept making it off tempo
- Undertale sheet music booklet featuring six songs with annotations by me that reveal their blatantly obvious inspirations
Fans can purchase the physical version of the base game for a price of $25 while the special edition will cost $64. If you’re just looking for the digital version it will be available for $15 on PSN. Will you be picking up a copy? Let us know your thoughts on the RPG Undertale and more in the comments section below. As always, don’t forget to follow Don’t Feed the Gamers on Twitter for 24/7 coverage of all things gaming and entertainment.
- Indie RPG Undertale Coming to PS4 And PS Vita This Summer – Watch the E3 2017 Trailer Here (VIDEO)
- The Single Player RPG “Pathfinder Kingmaker” is Coming, Inspired by Classics Like Baldur’s Gate (VIDEO)
- New Sci-Fi Fantasy RPG Elex Gets First Gameplay Trailer – Check it Out Here! (VIDEO)
Chris Calles984 Posts
Known as "Stash" or Yippee Calles. He's a student of everything, avid adrenaline junkie, and creator of random things. When he's not delving into a game, book, or movie - He's out teaching himself new things or taking part in some pretty epic adventures. You can find him on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Tumblr.