Indie RPG Undertale Coming to PS4 And PS Vita This Summer – Watch the E3 2017 Trailer Here (VIDEO)
Announced at E3 2017, indie RPG Undertale will be coming to both the PlayStation 4 and PS Vita at some point this summer. Originally a PC exclusive, the RPG’s console release will be available in a physical form that comes with a 24-page instruction booklet, and a collector’s edition that comes with the game’s soundtrack and an exclusive musical locket. Check out the trailer below to get a look at the endearingly strange RPG:
Originally released in 2015, the indie retro RPG from developer Toby Fox features a human who falls underground into the world of monsters. It is up to the player to “find your way out… or stay trapped forever.” As noted in the trailer, players can choose to either attack their enemies or attempt to talk their way out of danger. Undertale takes note of the choices each player makes, and the story twists around his or her chosen narrative, ultimately ending in one of three different endings: Neutral, True Pacifist, or Genocide. Check out the in-game ‘features’ listed on the Steam page for a peek into the kind of humor to expect from the game:
- Killing is unnecessary: negotiate out of danger using the unique battle system.
- Time your attacks for extra damage, then dodge enemy attacks in a style reminiscent of top-down shooters.
- Original art and soundtrack brimming with personality.
- Soulful, character-rich story with an emphasis on humor.
- Created mostly by one person.
- Become friends with all of the bosses!
- At least 5 dogs.
- You can date a skeleton.
- Hmmm… now there are 6 dogs…?
- Maybe you won’t want to date the skeleton.
- I thought I found a 7th dog, but it was actually just the 3rd dog.
- If you play this game, can you count the dogs for me…? I’m not good at it.
So, thoughts on Undertale coming to the PlayStation 4 and PS Vita? Plan on picking it up for yourself? Let us know in the comments section below, and as always, stay tuned to DFTG for all the latest gaming and entertainment news! Don’t forget to follow Don’t Feed the Gamers on Twitter for our 24/7 news feed!
Ryan "Cinna" Carrier3026 Posts
Ryan is the Lead Editor for Don't Feed the Gamers. When he isn't writing, Ryan is likely considering yet another playthrough of Final Fantasy IX. He's also the DFTG cinnamon bun.