PUBG Xbox One Update Focuses On Vehicle Vulnerability, Lag, Optimization, And More
The PC version wasn’t the only one to get a new update, the PUBG Xbox One counterpart is also seeing some love. Though the game has quite some time left in the preview program, the team over at PUBG Corp are working hard to get this game battle ready for full launch on consoles.
In an effort to make the online game more chicken dinner worthy, this patch focuses on targeting vehicle vulnerability, overall optimization, lag, and more. Though there is still a long journey ahead, with each update it gets a little bit better and closer to being complete!
Here’s what’s new for PUBG Xbox One players:
Here are the full patch notes, as per the PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds forum post:
- We’ve listened to your feedback and further modified the damage players can inflict on vehicles, increasing areas of vulnerability. This includes:
- Increased damage to the vehicle body, and significant damage to the wheels when targeted with gunfire
- Increased vehicle damage when successfully targeted with a grenade
- Both driver and passenger will suffer increased injuries from crashing into objects or other vehicles (Dacia, UAZ, and Buggy)
- Slight reduction to player damage when being struck by a vehicle
- Continued optimization to controller input lag
- Visual quality of reticle is improved for Xbox One (Red Dot, Holographic, and 2x Sight)
- Resolved issue where inventory may highlight the wrong column when looting
- The sensitivity setting for 4x Scope is now also applied to the permanent scope on the VSS
- Auto-run (double-clicking the left stick) is disabled when aiming down sights
- Players can now use the D-Pad while in the map view without switching melee, pistol, or throwing weapons
- Removing the marker from the map when pressing (Y) will no longer switch primary/secondary weapons
- Fixed issue where the crosshair is not correctly displayed after players reconnect to a game session
As we look forward to more updates in the near future, what else would you like to see come to PUBG – or any fixes you’re hoping arrive soon? Sound off with all of your poultry feast thoughts in the comment section below, and don’t forget to check out DFTG on Twitter for gaming and entertainment news live 24/7!
Matt Ruppert715 Posts
Navy Veteran with a penchant for the FPS genre, Chewy has all aspects of the gaming community covered. Don't expect to see him on a console any time soon, however - though he has experience in all platforms, the PC Master Race has a firm hold on him.