PUBG Patch Addressed “Boredom” Problem With New Desert Map After Players Kept Deleting It
A lot of players within the world of PUBG are busy gettin’ those winner winner, chicken dinners – but some aren’t content with just sniping from afar or bashing skulls in with a pan. Some want an even more fulfilling experience, and many complained that the new Desert map just isn’t doing it for them and calling it “boring.” The boredom grew so much, there was even a program created solely to remove the map entirely from the game so players don’t have to participate in it.
Looks like PUBG Corp was listening loud and clear because their newest update for PC players is all about making Miramar a more enjoyable experience. Here’s what is new in the world of Battle Royale:
- Miramar improvements
- Added more buildings and cover across the map to improve the engagement experience
- Added more off-road routes for easier vehicle navigation
- Upgraded the item spawn level of certain areas for loot balancing (some areas will spawn better loot)
- The replay system has now been updated to a newer version and past replay files cannot be played anymore
- Fixed the issue where heal and boost items could be used underwater
- Fixed the issue where characters would get stuck in certain areas on Miramar
- Fixed the issue where wall textures on some Miramar buildings were not displaying correctly
- Fixed the issue where certain buildings near by Hacienda del Patron were not displaying correctly
“Players, as with the last patch, a new type of anti-cheat solution, which is still under development, is to be applied on the test servers. We are in a test phase with this solution, and its stability and compatibility need to be verified. We would like to collect data about potential compatibility issues, analyze it and solve any issues that may emerge.
If you experience a crash, please take a screenshot that shows the error and report it here. If the current test build is consistently crashing for you, we recommend that you play on the live servers instead. Thank you for your understanding.”
What do you guys think about the Miramar adjustments for PC? Does this make you more excited to play on this map? Sound off with all of your PUBG patch thoughts in the comment section below, and don’t forget to check DFTG out over on Twitter for gaming and entertainment news live 24/7!
Matt Ruppert715 Posts
Navy Veteran with a penchant for the FPS genre, Chewy has all aspects of the gaming community covered. Don't expect to see him on a console any time soon, however - though he has experience in all platforms, the PC Master Race has a firm hold on him.