PUBG Known Issues Forum Launches, New List Of Upcoming Fixes Detailed
While a record number of players are competing for that delicious poultry dish within the incredibly popular game PUBG, the team behind the battle royale title are busy trying to iron out some of the more frustrating issues. With the game fully out now on Steam, and working its way through the Preview Program on Xbox One, there’s a lot of ground to cover before the game is truly battle tested and ready for a smoother gaming experience.
In an effort to tackle the player reported issues in-game more efficiently, PUBG Corp has officially announced a “Known Issues” forum open to all. It even has a long list of fixes awaiting a coming patch to kick it off on a productive note. According to the team’s forum post:
The PUBG dev team are fixing various bugs and issues in addition to developing new content and game systems,” the post from the PUBG team read. It is our goal to improve the level of transparency when it comes to letting you know which issues have been identified and are being worked on. We are striving to have a better turnaround on identifying and solving emerging issues.
Most of the recent map bugs have been fixed and patched on the live build. However, because of the large scale and complexity of the terrain, there may be areas with as of yet undiscovered bugs. These areas are more likely to be areas that haven’t been exposed to players as much as other areas or some remote places on the map. (Examples: character being able to move and use a weapon even after falling through the ground; character being half-buried when proning; character being stuck in the terrain or falling to their death underground) Player reports can be very helpful for us to fix these issues as quickly as possible. If you have noticed a problematic location, please report with a screenshot or video.”
Scheduled To Be Fixes
These issues have been already resolved internally. They will be applied in the next live server patch.
- The compass UI wobbling when parachuting straight down
- Dying from falling when vaulting and climbing in the water
- Delay between reload and the first shot
- The adjusted zoom level in 8x scope resets after changing into another weapon
- When the character opens the door while sitting down, the door opens as the character stands up instead of opening immediately
- When player changes the seat while the motorcycle is in the air, it stops and sinks to the ground
- Holographic and Red Dot sights are intermittently pixelated
- Some in-game texts are missing or misaligned
- After reconnecting to the game, the camera direction of ADS FPP goes off intermittently
Under Investigation / Fix In Progress
These are issues that are under investigation or in the process of being resolved.
- Random overturning of motorcycles
- Two players getting stuck in the door
- When reporting through replay, sometimes the name is wrong or even invisible
- Long Leather Boots (Brown) do not have spikes in the game
- 4x scope’s aim point shows in red instead of blue in colorblind mode
- Friends list does not function normally
- “Reconnect” button does not show when trying to rejoin the game after being disconnected from a custom match
- After reconnecting to a DUO/SQUAD game, team members cannot distinguish or revive each other
- After reconnecting to a DUO/SQUAD game, team members’ markers on the map are different from their actual locations
- After reconnecting to a DUO/SQUAD game, team members’ HP indicators on the lower left appear full and do not change
Need To Be Reported
These are comparatively rare issues that require individual resolution. If you are experiencing one of these issues, please contact customer support.
- In the main menu, the BP appears as N/A and there is a message that says match making failed
- Please contact customer support with screenshots of your main menu. The issue is due to an issue with inventory information
- BP appears as “-”
- Sometimes when the server is unstable, actions that consume BP such as character customization are made multiple times in a series, consuming a large amount of BP at the same time. Please take a screenshot of your main menu and contact customer support
- When trying to reconnect to the game after disconnecting, “Reconnect” button isn’t there.
- If you see an error message in the lower part of the main menu, please contact customer support with a screenshot.
These are issues which were patched on the live servers among the “Scheduled To Be Fixed” category.
- To be updated soon
What are your thoughts on how the dev team is handling their wildly popular online title? What fixes do you hope to see in the future in the world of battle royale? Sound off with your thoughts on all things chicken dinner in the comment section below, and don’t forget to check out DFTG on Twitter for gaming and entertainment news live 24/7!
Matt Ruppert715 Posts
Navy Veteran with a penchant for the FPS genre, Chewy has all aspects of the gaming community covered. Don't expect to see him on a console any time soon, however - though he has experience in all platforms, the PC Master Race has a firm hold on him.