PUBG War Mode Debuts On Miramar For Insane Five-Man Squad Action
PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds has been trying a few new things recently, namely its rotating selection of limited-time modes. Now, one of the more popular modes – War Mode – is making a triumphant return, though with a few different twists. Beginning on May 3 7PM PST / May 4 4AM CEST / May4 11AM KST, PUBG War Mode will once again be available to play, though this time the location is set to Miramar.
If the location change isn’t enough to make this PUBG War Mode different, this time around players will spawn with high-end equipment that is normally only found in care packages. Players will start with a single random care package weapon, a level three vest, a level three helmet, and two grenades. Here’s the full breakdown of the latest PUBG War Mode below:
PUBG War Mode – Desert Knights
STARTS: May 3, 7pm PST / May 4, 4am CEST / May 4, 11am KST
ENDS: May 6, 7pm PST / May 7, 4am CEST / May 7, 11am KST
5-Man Squads on Miramar (All Regions)
NA/EU/AS/SEA/OC/SA: TPP & FPP
WAR MODE RULES
- All players are grouped up in teams of five. Each game will have a maximum of 50 players (up to ten full teams).
- Immediately after the plane gets into the air, the safe zone is visible on the map.
- The safe zone is small—but slightly larger than the previous iteration of War Mode—and never closes in or changes location throughout the duration of the game.
- Getting kills and knocks (when your opponent is “down but not out”) earns points for your team. The first team to get 200 points wins.
- Kill: +3 points
- Knocks: +1 point
- Own Team Kill / Own Team Knock: -5 points
- If no team reaches 200 points before the 15-minute time limit, the team with the highest score will be declared the winner.
- Each time you’re killed, you’ll respawn in planes that fly by every 40 seconds.
LOADOUTS, LOOT, AND CARE PACKAGES
This time around, players spawn with top-tier equipment that’s normally found only in care packages. This includes:
- One random care package weapon (AWM, M24, Mk14, M249, Groza, or AUG)
- A level three vest
- A level three helmet
- Two grenades
OTHER EVENT RULES
- Weather is locked at sunset.
- Bleedout damage when knocked is increased.
- Reviving knocked teammates takes only two seconds.
- You can invite up to four players from your friends list to your party before
- jumping into game. Any remaining open team slots will be filled by the auto-
- matching system.
- Care package drops are disabled.
- Killer spectating is disabled.
- Redzone is disabled.
PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds is now available for PC and Xbox One.
So, thoughts on the latest iteration of PUBG War Mode? Plan on trying it out this time around, or do you prefer to stick with vanilla battle royale? Let us know in the comments section below, and as always, stay tuned to Don’t Feed the Gamers for all the latest gaming and entertainment news! Don’t forget to follow DFTG on Twitter for our 24/7 news feed!
Ryan "Cinna" Carrier2754 Posts
Ryan is the Lead Editor for Don't Feed the Gamers. When he isn't writing, Ryan is likely considering yet another playthrough of Final Fantasy IX. He's also the DFTG cinnamon bun.