Latest Overwatch PTR Patch Tests New Changes For Sombra, Doomfist, & More (VIDEO)
Overwatch’s top guru Jeff Kaplan took to YouTube to drop the details on the latest update coming to the public test realm. In this developer update, Kaplan discusses Sombra, Doomfist, Mei, and a slight change to Mercy in this Overwatch PTR patch. Alas, fans will still have to wait to hear when the Torbjorn wall run will be added into the game – if ever (we can dream, OK?!). Check out the video below for all the changes from Kaplan himself and the official patch notes as follows:
Below are release notes on the Overwatch PTR patch below from Blizzard:
Please note that the below patch notes only include changes currently available for testing on the PTR. While many of these changes will also be available on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in a future patch, the PTR is PC-only and therefore will only reflect changes coming specifically to that platform.”
- Hand Cannon
- Ammo recovery rate increased from 0.8 seconds to 0.65 seconds per bullet
Developer Comments: This change will help Doomfist more consistently be able to use his weapon as part of his combos.
- Endothermic Blaster
- Freeze (slow) duration increased from 1 second to 1.5 seconds
- Weapon alternate fire ammo cost reduced from 25 to 20
Developer Comments: Increasing Mei’s slow duration helps her freeze targets that are particularly elusive such as Genji or Lúcio. Lowering her alternate fire ammo cost allows her to more safely use it without costing her the ability to freeze enemies.
- No longer blocked by small objects (e.g. sign posts)
- No longer gains ultimate charge from health pack healing
- Cast time reduced from 0.8 seconds to 0.65 seconds
- Now disables the following abilities:
- Hanzo—Wall Climb
- Pharah—Hover Jets
- Lúcio—Healing Boost and Speed Boost (turns off current song entirely), Wall Ride
- Mercy—Angelic Descent
- Machine Pistol
- Machine Pistol spread reduced from 3 to 2.7
- Enemy health are now visible when health drops below 11% (formerly 50%)
- Duration increased from 15 seconds to 20 seconds
Developer Comments: The goal of these changes for Sombra is to remove the necessity for her teammates to take damage and heal themselves with her hacked heath packs to try to get her ultimate charged up quickly. Her ultimate will now come up less often, but there are more abilities that are disabled by Hack so it is more effective when used. Previously, Opportunist would only activate when an enemy’s health bar dipped below 50% but now the passive will reveal all damaged enemies which should help Sombra identify targets to pick off. Overall these changes should make her more effective and less reliant on her ultimate.
USER INTERFACE UPDATES
- No longer shows enemies’ health bars unless they have taken damage
Developer Comments: This helps remove some clutter from Mercy players’ screens when they use her ultimate
What do you think of all the changes that were made in the latest Overwatch PTR patch? What else do you think the game needs to change? Sound off with your thoughts in the comment section below, and don’t forget to check out DFTG on Twitter for gaming and entertainment news live 24/7!
If you enjoyed this article, be sure to check out more from Don’t Feed the Gamers:
- Mass Effect Andromeda Fixpack Mod Addresses Many Unresolved Issues
- Kingdom Come: Deliverance Patches Coming Soon – Fixes Quests, Frame Rates, And More
- Disney Looking At Taking The Star Wars License Back From EA, Ubisoft And Activision Of Interest
- The Evil Within 2 First-Person Mode Arrives With Latest Update (VIDEO)
Matt Ruppert715 Posts
Navy Veteran with a penchant for the FPS genre, Chewy has all aspects of the gaming community covered. Don't expect to see him on a console any time soon, however - though he has experience in all platforms, the PC Master Race has a firm hold on him.