GTA Online’s Doomsday Heist Update Adds New Vehicles, Weapons, Cosmetics, And More
GTA Online is getting some serious love in the form of a new Doomsday Heist update, now available for PC, PS4 and Xbox One. First and foremost the new content features new properties known as ‘Facilities’ that provide players access to the Doomsday Heist, while also acting as storage space for one of the new vehicles, the Mammoth Avenger. Players can purchases a Facility from the Maze Bank Foreclosures website, with the ability to choose from 9 different locations. Facilities can also be customized, with multiple different Style and Graphics options. There are a few optional add-ons as well, including an Orbital Cannon, Privacy Glass, Lounge, and Sleeping Quarters.
For those looking to jump into the new Doomsday Heist immediately, players can do so by approaching the Planning Screen inside a purchased Facility. The new heist is comprised of three acts, each of which includes new Prep Missions, Setups and Finales. Looking for an extra challenge? There are also new Criminal Mastermind and Elite Challenges. The hot points of the GTA V Title Update 1.42 can be seen below, while the full list of bug fixes can be found here.
GTA Online Doomsday Heist Update 1.42
Nine fully weaponized vehicles have been added to GTA Online:
- Mammoth Thruster
- Imponte Deluxo
- Ocelot Stromberg
- HVY Chernobog
- TM-02 Khanjali
- Buckingham Akula
One optionally weaponized vehicle has been added to GTA Online:
- Pfister Comet Safari
Five high-end vehicles have been added to GTA Online:
- Ubermacht SC1
- Vapid Riata
- Ocelot Pariah
- Declasse Yosemite
- Coil Raiden
Six Mk II weapons have been added to GTA Online:
- Pump Shotgun Mk II
- Special Carbine Mk II
- Marksman Rifle Mk II
- Heavy Revolver Mk II
- Bullpup Rifle Mk II
- SNS Pistol Mk II
Over 20 new items of clothing have been added to GTA Online for male and female characters.
30 new tattoos have been added to GTA Online.
26 new face paints have been added to GTA Online.
New Features / Updates – PS4, Xbox One and PC Only
- Eight new achievements/trophies have been added to GTA Online.
- A new radio station called “blonded Los Santos 97.8 FM” has been added to Single Player and GTA Online.
- The Battle Axe has been moved from the DLC weapon wall to the melee weapon cabinet in Ammu-Nation.
- The font of the information used for GTA Online shards has been updated and the font used for Adversary Modes shards are now in your current team’s color.
- The number of outfit save slots has been increased from 10 to 20.
- Lester’s “Remove Wanted Level” ability is now FREE upon completion of the Doomsday Heist.
- Simplified Chinese has been added as a new language setting to PC.
- Players can now control the doors of the Personal Aircraft via the “Door Control” Interaction Menu option.
- The following changes have been made to on-foot weapons:
- The Heavy Sniper Mk II now deals half the amount of damage to the health of players and NPCs when using Explosive Rounds.
- The Heavy Sniper Mk II now has a guaranteed chance to set targets alight when using Incendiary Rounds.
- The ammo capacity for the Heavy Sniper Mk II has been doubled to 80 rounds for all non-Explosive ammo types.
- The effectiveness of Armor Piercing and Hollow Point Rounds has been increased for all Mk II weapons.
- The Marksman Rifle now has correct recoil when firing without aiming in first person mode.
- The following changes have been made to mounted vehicle weapons:
- Damage and fire rates have been increased for minigun modifications on the Mammoth Tula and Nagasaki Havok to bring them in line with other mounted minigun weapons.
- Damage and fire rates have been increased for the Gimbal Turret weapon modification on the Nagasaki Ultralight.
Rockstar Creator Fixes – PS4, Xbox One and PC Only
- Fixed various issues with Capture respawns in UGC content.
- Fixed an issue where newly created saved & published Jobs would not appear in the “My Jobs” list.
- Fixed an issue where the “Add Custom Vehicle” option was incorrectly available in the “Starting Grid” menu of the Stunt Race Creator.
- Fixed an issue where players could drown in the Creator causing them to become stuck on a black screen.
- Fixed an issue that caused props to change their rotation after publishing a Stunt Race.
- Fixed an issue that resulted in players being unable to complete a Capture in test mode making the Job impossible to publish.
- Fixed an issue where players were unable to move or delete capture points once placed.
- Fixed an issue where players were not automatically put into the Transform/Special Race Creator when selecting those options.
- Fixed an issue where editing vehicles in the “Transform Vehicle” option caused them to be removed from the option.
- Fixed an issue where players were unable to place Air Transform Checkpoints over water.
- Fixed an issue where no yellow ring would appear around Land Checkpoints in test mode.
- Fixed clipping issues with previews of vehicles in the “Set Custom Transform Vehicle” menu.
- Fixed an issue that resulted in the Technical Custom and Insurgent Pick-Up Custom to not be available for use with Transform Checkpoints.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Weaponized Tampa to appear in the Sports Category rather than the Muscle Category in the Transform Race Creator.
- Fixed an issue that resulted in the checkpoint distance calculator to not calculate correctly.
- Fixed an issue that resulted in the “Clear” weather setting to display as “Sunny”.
Rockstar Editor Fixes – PS4, Xbox One and PC Only
- Fixed an issue where a smashed windscreen on the Western Company Seabreeze would display incorrectly in recorded Rockstar Editor clips.
- Fixed an issue where the windows of a destroyed Grotti Visione would display incorrectly in recorded Rockstar Editor clips.
- Fixed an issue with the brake discs of the Dewbauchee Vagner displaying in an incorrect position in recorded Rockstar Editor clips.
- Fixed an issue with door positioning of the Grotti Visione in recorded Rockstar Editor clips.
- Fixed issues with the transformation of vehicles when scrubbing through recorded Rockstar Editor clips of Transform Races.
So, thoughts on the new vehicles and features within the Doomsday Heist update? Plan on jumping into the new heist immediately, or testing out some of the new vehicles first? Let us know in the comments section below, and as always, stay tuned to Don’t Feed the Gamers for all the latest gaming and entertainment news! Don’t forget to follow DFTG on Twitter for our 24/7 news feed!
Ryan "Cinna" Carrier2976 Posts
Ryan is the Lead Editor for Don't Feed the Gamers. When he isn't writing, Ryan is likely considering yet another playthrough of Final Fantasy IX. He's also the DFTG cinnamon bun.