Fortnite Creative Mode Gets A New Island, More Tools, Bug Fixes, And More
Players have been having a ton of fun with the Creative Mode that was recently added to Fortnite. This gives everyone the ability to create whatever type of course they’d like, as well as have a change to have it featured on The Block, which is on the big stage of Battle Royale.
That said, the latest update for Fortnite has brought on many changes for Creative Mode, including the addition of new goodies. A fresh island, dubbed the Frosty Fortress, has been added. In addition to this, the new Farmstead themed Prefabs will help players build their dream home away from the chaos.
Plenty of new gameplay options have also been added to make Creative Mode even more expansive in Fortnite. Whether you’re looking to construct a deathrun of your own, or maybe even recreate something else entirely, Epic Games is making it easier than ever to do so with new tools, devices, bug fixes, and so much more.
Fortnite is currently available on Mac, PC, PlayStation 4, Switch, Xbox One, Android, and iOS devices. Keep it tuned to Don’t Feed the Gamers as this story develops, and for other gaming goodness going on right now, check out the following:
- New Evil Dead Game Teased Again By Bruce Campbell
- New Resident Evil 2 Details Leak, Including New Game Mode
- Cyberpunk 2077 Devs Were Told To Watch Blade Runner, Ghost In The Shell For Inspiration
What say you, gamers? Have you been enjoying the Creative Mode in Fortnite? What sort of craziness have you constructed so far? Sound off in the comments section below, and be sure to follow DFTG on Twitter for live gaming and entertainment news 24/7! As for the Creative Mode patch notes, check those out below:
- Frosty Fortress
- A new selectable arctic island with structures already placed on it.
- This island is ready for games to be played right away!
- Preview images of islands are now displayed on top of Featured Islands in the Creative Hub.
- Fixed an issue which caused island portals to not appear when those islands contained many copies of certain types of building tiles or props.
- Fixed an issue where players were able to exit their Island with the Phone tool by being inside Prefab structures.
- Fixed an issue where players could take items out of an island to the Creative Hub.
- Fixed an issue where Traps would remain floating in the air after the supporting wall was removed.
- Added a new “Last Standing” option to allow creators to specify whether they want the game to end when there is only one player or team remaining.
- Added a new “Spawns” option to allow players to specify how many times a player can spawn.
- Added a new “Player Flight” option to allow flight during games or when the Phone is unavailable.
- Added a new “Jump Fatigue” option for enabling/disabling jump height penalties that would normally get applied on rapid successive jumps.
- Added new Gravity Options.
- High and Very High
- When Traps are equipped from the Creative Inventory, the new Trap will become selected on your quick bar.
- Fixed players blocked from loading into Creative with a network error.
- The first timing loading may take extra time while the server fixes the load issues with the player’s island.
- Fixed vehicles causing damage to structures when the world was indestructible or when players did not have permission to edit.
- Fixed building animations becoming stuck when being moved with the Phone mid-animation.
- Fixed an issue where player placed walls would show health bars more often than intended.
- Fixed an issue where tiles would appear red during games.
- Fixed an issue where multiple camera fades would occur on game start and game end.
CREATIVE TOOLS + PHONE
- Added Turbo Building to Creative
- You can now hold down the “Place” button to continuously add building tiles and props as you move and aim.
- This feature requires “Turbo Building” to be enabled in your Game settings.
- Added Turbo Delete
- Holding down the Delete button will now continuously destroy building tiles and props.
- Added a new “Turbo Delete In Creative Mode” option to Game settings. This is enabled by default.
- Added a new effect when utilizing Grid Snap to help visualize placement.
- Fixed the Phone being able to edit or delete objects even when island edit permissions were not granted.
- Fixed an issue where other walls could vanish when copying a wall using the Phone.
- Fixed an issue with the Phone remaining available after a player leaves the island while inside a recently-placed prefab.
- Fixed an issue where the “Drops” UI was not displaying the proper value,
- Fixed an issue where the Phone hologram could get stuck at a spot in the world after pasting a prop, with drops enabled.
- Fixed an issue where after rotating certain walls while moving on Grid, those walls would not trigger as being allowed to have traps placed on them.
- Added 6 Farmstead prefabs and Farmstead Galleries
- Added 3 Ice Cliff Galleries
- Added Large Cube Gallery
- Added Random Spawn options on the Item Spawner:
- “Random” allows items to spawn in a random order from the spawn list.
- “No Repeats” spawns items in a random order and will not repeat an item until everything in the list has spawned once. This only differs from “Random” if “Items Respawn” option is set to “On”.
- Renamed the “Gunner” Device to “Sentry”.
- Added new Options to the Sentry.
- Added health and shield options.
- Added respawn options.
- Added accuracy and attack range options.
- Added target style, line of sight, and proximity options.
- Added adaptive aim option to determine whether or not the Sentry’s aim improves over time.
- Added attack range visualization when players stand on the Sentry plate.
- New Elimination Zone Device.
- Allows the player to place an adjustable zone that will eliminate players if they come in contact with it during a game.
- Item Spawner now includes additional ammunition to weapons spawned.
- Fixed an issue where Traps wouldn’t be destroyed properly or trigger correctly.
- Fixed an issue where parts of metal and wood floors would clip through the Item Spawner.
- Item Spawner Fixes.
- Fixed an issue where some items in the Item Spawner wouldn’t display all of their materials in the preview cycle.
- Fixed items not getting added to Item Spawner if they are added in rapid succession.
- Fixed incorrect visual effects appearing on Item Spawners in-game.
- Fixed an issue with the Item Spawner that resulted in all items in the spawner being the same rarity color after a game finished or the island is loaded.
- Fixed an issue where some Item Spawner item holograms had jittery movement when near them.
- Fixed an issue causing Player Start devices to float after a mini-game finishes.
- Player Spawner Fixes.
- Fixed graphical problems with the Player Spawner team assignment display on Android platforms.
- Fixed players respawning in the Creative Hub when Player Spawner location is blocked.
- Fixed players occasionally getting stuck in skydive when respawning on Player Spawner.
WEAPONS + ITEMS
- Added Dual Pistols
- Available in Rare and Epic variants.
- 41-43 base damage.
- Uses Medium Ammo.
- Shoots both pistols with one pull of the trigger.
- Does not use first shot accuracy.
- Added Gliders, an item that grants Glider redeploy.
- Fixed not being able to build on opposing team’s structures while editing a creative island. However, this is still not allowed while a game in progress.
- Added a message to the HUD that displays how to start the match on an island when on a shared or featured island.
- Fixed “Memory Used” label not being centered over the memory budget indicator.
- Fixed the Creative Inventory displaying Prefabs in some cases, even when edit permission was not available.
- Reduced the time it takes to load into Creative and to switch between islands. Further improvements will be coming in future updates.
- Improved performance for minigame spawners.
- Improved performance and memory usage by culling more objects that are very far away from the player
- Fixed hitches when displaying tooltip text.
- Fixed creative button visibility while in vehicles.
Eric Garrett2269 Posts
Eric is an editor and writer for Don't Feed the Gamers. When he is not staring at a computer screen filled with text, he is usually staring at a computer screen filled with controllable animations. Today's youth call this gaming. He also likes to shoot things. With a camera, of course.