New Far Cry 5 Patch Brings Improvement To Co-Op, AI, & Other General Fixes
Players have been enjoying Ubisoft’s latest release in the Far Cry franchise for over a week now, and the team behind the game is already finding ways to bring improvements to the title. In the latest Far Cry 5 patch, the developers have set their sights on refining players squads. This includes both the online co-op teammates will play with, or the AI crew that “the Rook” will engage with around Hope County. Fixes were also brought to enemy and animal AI as well.
These aren’t the only changes seen in the latest Far Cry 5 patch though. The team also brought their attention to the Far Cry Arcade, which many gamers were reporting finding issues with. Other general improvements were made to improve stability & performance, design & mission progression, gameplay & UI, and few other portions of the title. The update is currently live for PC players, and will be deployed to console on April 9th.
Check out all the details on the latest Far Cry 5 patch notes below, via Ubisoft:
Stability & Performance
- Fixed low occurrence crashes and walkthrough breaks
- Additional quality bug fixes
- Fixed low occurrence save corruption
Companion, Enemy, & Animal AI
- Fixed low repro AI issues
Design & Mission Progression
- Fixed issues preventing silver bar purchase
- Fixed minor bugs
Gameplay & UI
- Fixed minor bugs
COOP and Online
- Improved COOP connectivity
- Fixed low occurrence COOP specific walkthrough breaks
- Fixed voice communication issue where players could be permanently muted
- Hurk was blowing up the client player when in a helicopter, fixed that.
Far Cry Arcade
- Improved map download efficiency
- Fixed various Arcade gameplay issues
- Fixed issue where map textures would be extremely low
- Improved PVP matchmaking
- Fixed lobby loadout selection and map selection issues
- Fixed issue with Arcade Editor crashes
PC Patch Only
- Fixed issues that were causing incorrect spawn if the game was minimized during loading
What do you think of all the improvements that were made in the latest Far Cry 5 patch? What else are you hoping to see added or fixed in the game? Sound off with your thoughts in the comment section below, and don’t forget to check out DFTG on Twitter for gaming and entertainment news live 24/7!
If you enjoyed this article, be sure to check out more from Don’t Feed the Gamers:
Matt Ruppert703 Posts
Navy Veteran with a penchant for the FPS genre, Chewy has all aspects of the gaming community covered. Don't expect to see him on a console any time soon, however - though he has experience in all platforms, the PC Master Race has a firm hold on him.