EA PLAY 2017 Includes 8 New Games, Including Two Unannounced Games And “More Surprises”
Electronic Arts has officially confirmed part of its lineup for this year’s E3, revealing the titles of 6 of the 8 games the company will be presenting at its pre-E3 event, EA PLAY 2017. Electronic Art’s blog post also detailed some of the events that would occur during their presentation, including the first live multiplayer match for Star Wars Battlefront II, on a ‘prequel-era’ map called “Assault on Theed”. The match is also being marketed as a battle between “40 of the biggest YouTube influencers in the world, including StoneMountain64”. A list of the six known games showing up at EA PLAY 2017 can be seen below, along with a description for each title.
EA PLAY 2017 Lineup
- Star Wars™ Battlefront™ II – Featuring all Star Wars eras, a single player campaign and epic scale multiplayer battles, Star Wars™ Battlefront™ II presents the most robust Star Wars game to date. The game is developed in partnership with three powerhouse studios: DICE, Motive™ Studios and Criterion™ Games, each with a rich background of creating award-winning games.
- EA SPORTS™ FIFA 18 – Powered by Frostbite™, EA SPORTS FIFA 18 blurs the line between the virtual and real worlds, bringing to life the heroes, teams, and atmospheres of the world’s game.
- Madden NFL 18 – With Frostbite™, the spectacle of NFL gameday comes alive delivering photorealistic players, crowds and stadiums, and introduces an all-new mode to the Madden NFL franchise.
- NBA LIVE 18 – Delivering gameplay innovations and a brand-new way to play with ‘The One’, NBA LIVE returns with an experience completely centered around a player’s individual journey.
- Need for Speed™ Payback – This explosive adventure is filled with intense heist missions, high stakes car battles, epic cop pursuits and jaw dropping set pieces. It’s blockbuster gameplay never before seen from the series, fueled by a gripping story of betrayal and revenge. With Need for Speed Payback, it’s about building the perfect ride, getting behind the wheel and playing out an action driving fantasy.
- Battlefield™ 1 – It’s a Summer of Battlefield including the entry of the Russian Army and the biggest front of WW1 in Battlefield 1 In the Name of the Tsar. Partake in the skirmishes of the Albion assault in a freezing archipelago and fight in the snow-covered ravines of the treacherous Lupkow Pass.
As for the two remaining titles, it is currently anyone’s guess as to what they might be. Though some may speculate that it could be any number of franchise sequels, the blog post specifically refers to the other two titles as “new reveals,” so it is likely that next week’s presentation will be the first anyone has heard of these games. Alongside the 8 games being presented at E3, Electronic Arts also plans on revealing “more surprises” during EA PLAY 2017.
Electronic Arts’ E3 presentation begins at 12 PM PT / 3 PM ET on Saturday, June 10, with an expected run-time of 90 minutes. Don’t Feed the Gamers writers will be there to provide all the hottest info on these new games, so stay tuned to DFTG and be sure to follow us on Twitter for our 24/7 news feed!
Ryan "Cinna" Carrier2241 Posts
Ryan is a writer and the head editor for Don't Feed the Gamers. When he isn't writing, Ryan is likely considering yet another playthrough of Final Fantasy IX. He's also the DFTG cinnamon bun.