Devil May Cry 5’s Playable Demo Is Complete, Says Director
Last month, it was revealed that Gamescom 2018 would host the very first playable demo for Capcom’s highly anticipated Devil May Cry 5. With the event itself running between August 21st and August 25th, those lucky enough to be in attendance will have ample opportunity to take Nero and his new arm for a spin. Now, with only a few days before the start of Gamescom, Capcom has announced that the playable demo is officially complete, and ready to go for the event. The news comes by way of Devil May Cry 5’s game director, Hideaki Itsuno, who made the announcement on Twitter:
Demo version for gamescom2018 is completed! 10 days to the world's first playable! pic.twitter.com/dlctQwIIPr
— Hideaki Itsuno (@tomqe) August 13, 2018
Unfortunately, we don’t know anythingabout the actual contents of the demo. That said, anything playable should shed some additional light on the game, which will be helpful given how tightly Capcom has kept it under wraps. In regards to what we do know, here’s the breakdown of what to expect from the game courtesy of Capcom:
- Legendary action series returns – The 16 million unit selling series is back with original Director Hideaki Itsuno at the helm of development.
- A battle of good and evil – A demonic invasion begins with the seeds of a “demon tree” taking root in Red Grave City. This hellish incursion attracts the attention of the young demon hunter, Nero, an ally of Dante who now finds himself without his demonic arm, the source of much of his power. The supernatural family drama also continues as Dante, the Son of Sparda, seeks revenge for his brother’s corruption and mother’s murder.
- High octane stylized action – Featuring three playable characters each with a radically different stylish combat play style as they take on the city overrun with demons.
- Groundbreaking graphics – Developed with Capcom’s in-house proprietary RE engine, the series continues to achieve new heights in fidelity with graphics that utilize photorealistic character designs and stunning lighting and environmental effects.
- Take down the demonic invasion – Battle against epic bosses in adrenaline fueled fights across the over-run Red Grave City.
- Demon hunter – Nero, one of the series main protagonists and a young demon hunter who has the blood of Sparda, heads to Red Grave City to face the hellish onslaught of demons, with weapons craftswoman and new partner-in-crime, Nico.
Devil May Cry 5 launches for PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One at some point in 2019.
So, thoughts on Devil May Cry 5 so far? Are you more excited to play as Dante, or Nero? Let us know in the comments section below, and as always, stay tuned to Don’t Feed the Gamers for all the latest gaming and entertainment news! Don’t forget to follow DFTG on Twitter for our 24/7 news feed!
Ryan "Cinna" Carrier1570 Posts
Ryan is an editor and writer for Don't Feed the Gamers. When he isn't reading and writing, Ryan is likely considering yet another playthrough of Final Fantasy IX. He's also the DFTG cinnamon bun.